Ready

Pearl's POV

Pearl looked at the beanstalk that had grown in her absence. It was the tallest thing in her empire even though it had only been a week or two. Pearl had lost count. She readied her elytra to the Swamp Empire not for a battle but for the thing that Scott and Lizzie both wanted.

She was almost the last person to arrive. FWhip wasn't there. Lizzie and Joel were holding hands while Scott looked ready to die if this didn't work. Sausage wandered over to Pearl when she arrived leaving Katherine, Shrub, Joey, and Pixl. 

"It's great to see you," Sausage said hugging Pearl.

"You saw me an hour ago," Pearl responded. Sausage shrugged.

"I don't want to lose you again." They watched Gem ready herself just as before. She looked to Scott, who nodded, then to Lizzie who nodded as well.

Gem took a deep breath and said, "I bring back he who is lost but this spell comes with a cost. A cost of a flower with limitless power. He is here nigh, their soul no longer high."

Magic seemed to lift them into the air as Jimmy's scale flew to his body which lied in the coffin across the room. Jimmy's body floated upward as the scale connected again. He fell down to the coffin and Scott was the first one to him.

"Scott?" Jimmy asked. Time paused for everyone. The spell had worked and he was back. Joel and Katherine were crying. Lizzie was running to her brother. Scott was hugging him so tight he seemed to burst. Gem was resting on her staff, wiping sweat from her brow. Shrub, Joey and Pixl looked lost.

Sausage whispered in Pearl's ear, "Now I can mess with him again." It made Pearl smile. Jimmy pulled Scott in for a kiss. It was the perfect happy ending and Pearl was ready for it. Not the fake ready. Truly ready for what comes next.

____

Author's note: I think that will be the end of my story. To those who have read the entire story I thank you for wasting your time on this. Thanks for reading.