|Chapter 5| I find that hard to believe pt. 1

The beautiful blazing gas ball of yellow shined over the wide spread of the world, was interrupted.

"Hey, Mop top!" "Sir!" Oh no, Armin. You must be pretty scared, don't worry you got this... sort of. "What do they call you, Maggot?" Shadis questioned aggressively while staring into her soul. "Armin Arlert! From shinganshina sir!" Wait who calls you that? "Wow seriously? Why would your parents curse you with such a dumb name?" Damn, I felt that one. "It was my grandmother's, sir!" She replied quickly. "Cadet Arlert!" He walked closer to her and stood over her. "Why is a runt like you here?" "To help humanity overcome the Titans!" She shouted while closing her eyes. "That is delightful to hear! You'll make a great light-snack for them. Row 3 about face runt!" He exclaimed before grabbing her head and turning her.

Just after he left I made eye contact with her and gave her small sleepy smile, but she looked away terrified. That's harsh, when I finally looked back in front of me I realized why she was so terrified. Shadis was right in front of me.

"And you! What's more important than staying focused and looking forward?!" A lot of things. "Nothing's worth more than selfless sacrifice of the human being!" Literally the first thing that came to mind. At the moment I thought it would suffice, though he face layed flat and plain. Which I myself know all too much about. "Albeit you didn't answer my question, you answer with a respectful statement. Though before I send you off, what is your cursed name? " What the fu- "[Y\N] TY- [L\N]!!" "You forget your name or something?" "RUN UNTIL THE MOON SHINES BRIGHT!!" With that he left towards the next poor soul. I'm pretty sure someone was staring at me so looked to my left and saw no one, then looked down and blonde gir- Historia. "It's... Ok, don't worry. It'll be over before you know it." She said softly while trying not to make eye contact. Easy for you to say, but damn I can't be mad at you.

___

I stood at the edge of the camp stretching before I deprive my body more. "Hey! Uhm, hi." A voice exclaimed out next to me, which I already knew after connecting the dots, since it's a female voice and I know only one girl who's supposed to be here. After opening my eyes for conformation, I saw her fiddling a lot, and my first instinct was to know what's going on. "Hey, you ok? What's wrong?" "The commander said I won't be allowed to eat anymore!!" She shouted while grabbing my collar and pulling me down, though my expression immediately died down. "Huh?– maybe he just meant a few da-" "Waaahhhh!!" She just interrupted me and ended up wailing her eyes out while clinging to my hoodie.

Narrative pov✙
3rd narrative pov

Both Sasha and [Y\N] are seen running with what little energy they have left, though one is ahead of the other. "Man, I thought Shadis was going to kill potato girl and that other kid." A immature male voice stated out not to anyone necessarily. "I know, one hell of a first day, but I wonder if [Y\N]'s actually going to run until midnight." Elen said while she continued to observe on them. "It's funny. Being told to run until sunset didn't seem bother her nearly as much as losing meal privileges for the next five days." "I think she said that she's from Dauper, if I remember right, that's a small hunting village up in the mountains." The now identified baldy known as Connie said. "Huh? Hey, what's that?" Elen asked when she noticed a carriage being sent off with ex-cadets in the back of it. "They're dropouts. They prefer to work in the fields." Mina answered. "But, it's only the first day." Armin said in a confused tone as she couldn't understand why they'd leave this early.  "That's the way it is. You can't handle the pressure, gotta leave." And with that everyone looked at her.

"I can't believe anyone would rather pull plants than fight." That slight tingling feeling of rage sparked again. "I know about some of us, but you've never mentioned where you were from Elen." Marco said after standing up from his spot. "Same as Armin and that guy over there." She stated while putting her hand on the former's shoulder and pointed at the latter. "From Shiganshina." Connie audibly gulped and Mina gasped. "Oh wow, that means-" "You saw it. You were there that day." "Huh?" Marco sounded genuinely confused after he was interrupted. "Quiet!" "The colossal one, did you see him?" Connie interrupted him again though this time Marco seemed interested in knowing as well. "Yeah, yeah I did." Elen replied with a drop of sweat on her cheek.