|Chapter 6| I find that hard to believe pt. 2

"Alright you sorry sacks of shit! Get up and Get ready for your first day of hell!" Shadis shouted to all the boys in the barracks before he walked out and spotted me. "What are you still doing here?! I said get ready, your hell's about to start if 20 minutes!" He stated which made me flinch before running off to get a new pair of clothing.

___

"It's altitude test time, so listen up!" Shadis exclaimed with his hands behind his back as we stood back at where we were yesterday, but this time there where posts that had a crossbow like figure on top with the strings hanging below it. "There is no place for you here if you cannot perform. Fail, and be shipped to the fields."

I was hanged up between Connie and Sasha, with the former shaking as if he had something in his pants and the latter swinging like a little kid, but nothing too serious. Meanwhile I floated in the air as still as a rock, I leaned back a bit to look up and think about what I'm actually doing. I mean, I know what's going to happen before anyone knows, I know people are going to die, so why don't I just leave? I stand nothing to gain from this, so why am I here? I don't have to be here. So why?

"What is your major malfunction Yeager?! " I heard the commander shout which brought me out of my trance, looking over I saw hanging upside down with a terrified look on her face and Shadis kneeling beside her. "Straighten yourself up!" Poor kid, I leaned forward awaiting to be set down.

____

𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥-𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜

"Just remember the basics and you should be fine. No need to try any fancy maneuvers." Mikasa said to Elen as we were still at the training ground along with Armin, while I stood at the crank ready to lift her up. "Just focus on on your balance, then distribute the weight evenly between the belts on your waist and your legs, you've got this don't worry." I said remembering what happened at this moment. "Loosen up your stance a little bit, if I can do, I know you can." Armin said, being the supportive friend that she is.

"Okay, a loose stance but balanced. Let's give it a shot [Y\N]." Elen repeated back to me with a tensed look on her face, and being who I am, I gave her a thumbs up with a dumb look on my face. She giggled a little before focusing on the task, though she was less tense. I slowly turned it anticlockwise as she lifted up in the air. Immediately she she leaned forward and just before I could catch her, her head bashed against mine spraying blood from a cut in my head and hers.

____

We were all in the cafeteria, while I sat with my comrades, Pieck ate peacefully beside me with Reiner beside her, across from me sat Bertholdt and Annie, though it was obvious who was shaking and who was glaring at me. "Get rid of that bandage, it's pissing me off." She said while staring at me, completely ignoring her food. "Huh? I don't- oh you mean this thing on my head? What, people saw me get hurt, so I can't just take it off. I've got to wait until I'm 'healed'." I replied with make quotation marks with my two forefingers. "You don't have to pretend to anyone, besides, the cut probably wasn't that big when you got it." "Of course it was, it was like this big." I said while tracing my finger along Pieck's forehead while she looked confused with food in her mouth. Annie however was pretty pissed.

"What are you doing?" Pieck asked when I finished though there was still food in her mouth. "Eat your food before you speak with a full mouth." I said while trying to keep every fiber of my being from not eating the food. She swallowed her food and then asked again, to which I did the action again. "I was just showing Annie how big the scar on my forehead was." I then looked at Annie who stared at her food then at me, but what I didn't notice was that Pieck's cheeks were red.