|Chapter 8| Between us

Change of perspective

Narrative pov

Elen could be seen sprinting across the wall, dodging all the hot steam around her. She looked to her side to see the large Titan pull it's arm back, thinking that it's going for her, she jumped out of the way of the attack, though the Titan continued it's onslaught. Scraping every defensive and offensive weapon on the top of the wall.

'Son of a bitch, he took out the cannons.' She internally yelled, she thought about everything that happened in the moment. 'The gate was no accident then, he—he planned it. (Hehe) He has intelligence!' The colossal Titan slowly turned it's head towards her and out of the steam, it's hand launched out at her attempting to crush her. Though she escapes just in time by hooking onto his forearm muscle and then running across it's bicep. 'Without him, the other Titans have nothing. I'm gonna take him down.'

"Damnit." She yelled when she finally reached it's nape though everything was covered by the steam. "Take this!" And just before she slice through, it let out a massive wave of hot steam. Elen barely hanging on as her wire started stretching it's limit. She turn retracted her hook, bringing herself closer as she went for the attack again, though when she finally thought she reached it. It vanished is puff of smoke.

'How did I miss?' She told herself in disbelief before hooking onto the side of the wall. 'What the– did he just vanish into thin air?' "Elen where'd that little bastard go? When I find him again, I'm gonna make him wish he was never a Titan." [Y\N] yelled from up top, his anger getting the best of him. "He's gone! Exactly like five years ago, he's here one moment and gone the next. Just like that." That's what she said.

"Sorry–" "Don't apologize, look at Connie, he was too scared to even move." [Y\N] interrupted, stabbing his friend in the back. "Hey! Whine on your own time. Incase you haven't noticed, there's a breach. We have to act now! If they start pouring in, that's it!" Connie stated the obvious, a bit pissed off at how his friend betrayed him.

"Look alive! Operation "Colossal Titan response" is in affect. I expect you to take part." 'How bout you expect deez nuts?' [Y\N] thought as he looked to the side noticing how they were all doing their salute except him, quickly he put his right arm on his chest and the other behind his back. "Report to HQ! If you got close to the damn thing, we need details." With that the poor soul jumped off the wall to fend off the Titans as much as he can. "Sir! We pray the advance team will be victorious."

The town bell was ringing, birds chirping wildly as the sound of screaming and footsteps were faintly heard everywhere. Amongst all the panic, a little girl dropped her doll in the horde of Titan foo- I mean people.

"Remain calm, take only what you need!" A Garrison soldier shouted out at everyone rushing past him.

"Have you seen my toothbrush?"

Back to the top of the wall stood multiple soldiers and cadets ready fend off the Titans others were too shit scared to move, I can't blame them. "You understand what we're facing. If they make it through, we'll have a repeat of five years ago. Consider this the last line of defense. The Titans get held off here or nowhere!"

The cranked up whatever cannons they had left. "Prepare to intercept. Fire!" One soldier yelled at another as they shot a cannonballs at all the Titans. Most of them hit the field but those that landed, barely did anything. "Soldiers, charge!" The 'group leader' ordered everyone to the death.