Forty Four.

"Dude, you fucked his life really well!" Changbin exclaimed, having a dropped jaw.

The five friends were standing to their feet, facing the wide green horizon ahead of them. After two days of driving south, they finally made it to where Sky told them they would find Namsik, which brought them to where they were standing. In the middle of a farm.

The sun was bright as it was just a little after midday. The breeze was cool as it was getting colder lately. The crops that weren't harvested yet swayed to the lazy wind. The workers were here and there doing their job. That place was quiet and refreshing. If it wasn't for the mission that Seungmin and the rest were there for, they would've definitely wanted to stay.

Sky chuckled taking a step forward, stopping just beside Changbin. She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Don't feel bad for Namsik. You'll pity yourself the moment you see him." She said before she slipped from the group and started making her way through the green tall stalks. "Namsik!" She called loudly as if she was looking for a kid.

Sky called a few more times as she kept walking. She didn't stop until a head popped up from far, looking in her direction. The girl smiled widely and started waving her two arms in the air. The head that popped emerged completely to reveal a man standing to his full length. And oh man! Changbin shouldn't have pitied him.

Among those green stalks, stood a man with a good build. More than good, honestly. He was tall with wide shoulders and buffed chest. His arm muscles flexed gracefully when he lifted his hand to wave back at Sky. His tank top showed his tanned skin that developed its color from working for hours in the sun. His hair was short, extremely short that you might think he just got discharged from military service.

Seungmin's jaw dropped, mimicking the three others by his sides. If it wasn't for Sky calling him by his name, Seungmin would've never recognized him. He's nothing like the image he remembered of the boy that his friends bullied back then. He was nothing like the chubby yet weak boy who almost lost his life years ago.

"Look who finally left her studio and decided to pay a visit." Namsik teased as he reached for Sky. He swiftly wrapped his arms around her much smaller body and engulfed her in a friendly warm hug. Sky ignored the feeling of having Felix's eyes pouring holes in the back of her skull and hugged Namsik back. The boy pulled back, flashing her his crooked smile. "You brought friends?" He asked, cocking his head towards the four who were still standing where Sky left them.

Sky pulled backward awkwardly. She didn't know how he would react. "You won't call them that once you have a closer look at them. Especially, at the tallest of them."

Namsik looked back at the four, looking for the tallest. He squinted his eyes when he located him, trying to figure out the mysterious guy. That was when his face dropped. "What the he-"

"I know." Sky interrupted him. "I know how that looks, but can't you listen to him? Just this once? Please?"

"Sky, thi- ...Why?"

"Look at me. Look closely." Sky said, lifting her face up to him.

Namsik took a couple of seconds before he finally realized it. His eyes widened and he looked confused. "Y-Your- Your eyes!" He gasped. "You found him?"

"Yes." Sky replied shyly. She then looked over her shoulder to where Felix was standing before she looks back at Namsik with pleading eyes. "And it's Seungmin who brought him to me. So, please. Let's just sit somewhere and listen to them. Hm?"

Namsik closed his eyes for a few seconds as if he was trying to contain his anger. He opened them and flashed Seungmin a death glare before he sighs and nods at Sky who jumped in the air.

The four friends followed Sky when she gave them the green light to follow her and Namsik. They made it to some warehouse which was the nearest quiet place they could have a conversation. They all sat down awkwardly, facing each other with Sky clinging to Felix again and Aria holding Seungmin's hand tightly as she knew he was dead nervous.

Seungmin felt relieved once he realized the boy was living a quite good life. He turned out to be the owner of this farm. And not only this one. When Sky told them he would be at 'the farm', they thought he was a worker there. What made them think that, was what Seungmin told them.

Right after the unlucky old incidences, Namsik disappeared. He dropped from school and didn't continue his studies. Some rumored he had deep depression. For years, no one knew anything about him.

The secret was unraveled. The boy did drop from school. He didn't resume studying. He never joined college either. But that was because simply he didn't need to. When he recovered from his sickness, he moved out with his parents. Luck was on their side when his dad's trade flourished. That was when Namsik's dad decided to buy a farm and start his own organic project. Year after another, that farm turned into two, three, and more with the help of little Namsik who grew up to be the man he is today.

Talking about the past wasn't easy for them. It only brought tears to Seungmin's eyes. As he did with all the previous victims, he apologized all he could sincerely, didn't ask for forgiveness although Sky told him to do so, cried his heart out, and made sure they saw clearly his true self, hoping they get the slightest of relief.

On the other side, Namsik listened quietly to Seungmin. At first, he started listening just for Sky's sake, but as the boy kept talking and his words kept painting his skin, Namsik couldn't help but feel a pang in his chest. He listened to him and to his friends. He listened to what he did and the long way he came through. He listened to how their trip was finally getting to an end with Namsik's visit. He listened to all and finally could understand why Sky, his friend, agreed to be part of this.

"Well, I won't say it was nice to meet you." Namsik said standing up. They were done and ready to leave since both sides said what they had to. "But it's nice to see how you grew up. It's nice to see that you are doing this sincerely, not just to get cured of this curse."

"I don't care if I get cured or not." Seungmin replied. He tightened his grip around Aria's hand that never left his. "I don't care about the healing thing anymore. I just wanted to make things right before it's too late."

"You know, if it wasn't for our bad start, I think I could've made good friends with the Seungmin I see now." He chuckled, tucking his hands into his baggy trousers' pockets. "But it would always be hard for me to look at your face. It keeps bringing old memories."

"I know." Seungmin flashed him a grateful smile. "Thanks.. for listening."

Namsik nodded approvingly at him. With that, the five of them bid their goodbyes and started walking towards the door, leaving Namsik behind.

"Finally!" Changbin said. "This Avengers mission is accomplished." He tried to joke to lighten the mood.

"Not yet." Seungmin uttered sighing.

Aria looked up at him to find his face still holding the heavy look. She tugged at his arm softly and leaned to brush her cheek to his shoulder. "Why? I guess we finished the list we prepared."

"Hey, Seungmin!" Namsik called from far, making the whole squad turn to look at him. "You know where you should go to make sure things are right before it's too late, right?"

Seungmin's broken smile painted his face as he looked at Namsik. He nodded assuring.

"I do. That would be my last stop." He mumbled to himself.