10~What's Happening?

Dev and Venky's questioning continued. "Sir main maanta hoon ke main scorpion wala bracelet pehnta hoon lekin woh blue ring toh is ki thi na, meri kahan thi, Harshita meri dost hai, main us ke saath aisa karne ki soch bhi nahi sakta," (Sir I agree that I wear a scorpion bracelet but that blue ring belonged to him, it wasn't mine, Harshita is my friend, I can't even think of doing this with her) Dev said. "Toh meri bhi behen hai woh, main bhi uske saath aisa karne ki nahi soch sakta," (So she is also my sister, I can also not think of doing this with her) Venky said. "Aapas mein baatein karne ka kis ne bola? Sawaal poochhne ka kaam humara hai," (Who told you both to talk? It's our work to interrogate)  said the inspector. Dev mouthed a sorry. "Bata do kis ne kiya hai dono mein se ye? Bolo!" (Tell who has done this? Tell!) the inspector shouted. "Sir maine bataya toh tha ke Dev usay galat tareekay se touch karta tha," (Sir I told you that Dev used to touch her wrongly) Venky said. "Oh, toh is ne apna ilzaam mere sarr daal diya? Sir woh Venky tha main nahi," (Oh, so he put his blame on my hear? Sir it was Venky and not me) Dev told him.

Flashback : (One day before annual function)

" Harshita! " Venky called out after her and she turned. He neared her and cupped her cheeks. "Kaisi ho? Kahan ja rahi ho?" (How are you? Where are you going?) he asked and she moved away his hands. "Ghar," (Home) she said creasing her eyebrows. "Kabhi mere saath bhi chal liya karo, bhai hoon na, protect karoon ga," (You should sometimes come with me as well, I am your brother after all, I will protect you) he said and took her bag touching her waist, she moved away and her bag fell.

 "Kabhi mere saath bhi chal liya karo, bhai hoon na, protect karoon ga," (You should sometimes come with me as well, I am your brother after all, I will protect you) he said and took her bag touching her waist, she moved away and her bag fell

She looked here and there and then bent down to take her bag and he too bent and their hands touched and she looked at him and then stood up straight. He lifted her bag and gazed at her thighs and traced his hand on her knees. She moved backward and fell colliding with someone, it was Dev. He came forward and stood between them and extended his hand to Harshita. She looked at his hand and then at him. She hesitantly held his hand and stood up. He turned to Venky. "Maine dekha ke tum ne kya kara, okay, don't you dare do it again," (I saw what you did, okay, don't you dare do it again) he warned and gave Harshita's bag back to her. "Thank you," she said and he walked away taking her along, she glanced back at Venky angrily.