Epilogue Continuation

After three years, Harshita and Avinash were in the car with Aadvik and Nashita to drop them off to school and they passed by the same orphanage. Aadvik viewed it and saw parents giving away their babies. "Didi, ye uncle aunty apna baby in ko kiun de rahay hain?" (Elder sister, why is that uncle aunty giving away their baby?)  he asked. "Ye log apnay babies ko khud nahi paal saktay toh yahan chhor kar ja rahay hain," (They can't raise the baby on their own so they are giving the baby away) she told him. "Aur jab ye babies baray hongay toh kya in ko wapis le jaayengay?" (And when these babies would grow up, will these uncle aunty take them back)  he asked and she shook her head. "Nahi, balkay jab ye babies baray hongay toh in ko yahan se nikaal diya jaata hai na, kiun ke woh log samajhdaar ho jaatay hain," (No, when these babies grow up so they are ousted of here as they get intelligent enough to handle themselves on their own)  she said.

 "Nahi, balkay jab ye babies baray hongay toh in ko yahan se nikaal diya jaata hai na, kiun ke woh log samajhdaar ho jaatay hain," (No, when these babies grow up so they are ousted of here as they get intelligent enough to handle themselves on the...

"Ohhh, hum kitne lucky hain, humare parents hum ko khud paal saktay hain," (Ohhh, how lucky we are, as our parents can raise us)  he said and Nashita got teary eyed. "Hmm woh toh hai," (yeah, right) she said. Harshita and Avinash dropped them to school. "Avinash, aaj ye sab poochha hai Aadvik ne, kal usko pata lag gaya phir?" (Avinash, today Aadvik has asked all this, what if he gets to know about it later?) she asked with a lump in her throat. "Kaun bataye ga usay?" (Who would tell him?)  he asked. "Nashita kaheen galti se bata na de," (I fear Nashita would mistakenly blurt out the truth) Harshita said. "Nahi nahi, jitna hum ko ehsaas hai na Aadvik ka, us se kaheen ziada usay hai kiun ke hum se pehle toh Aadvik ke liye zid us ne ki thi," (No no, she cares for him even more than we do as she wanted him even before we did) he said and she looked away.

Aadvik and Nashita walked inside the school and she was teary eyed all the way to classroom. "Didi ro kiun rahay ho?" (Elder sister why are you crying?) he asked and she shook her head. When it was time to go back home and Avinash and Harshita picked them, they passed by the same orphanage. "Dekho didi, doosray uncle aunty bhi apna baby denay aa gaye hain, I feel so sad for these babies," (Look elder sister, the other uncle aunty also arrived to give away their baby, I feel so sad for these babies) he said.

Nashita chose to remain quiet

Nashita chose to remain quiet. They got home and Aadvik went straight to his room to freshen up and Nashita sat on the couch. Harshita and Avinash noticed her sad. They sat on each sides of her. "Kya hua?" (What happen?)  he asked. "Aadvik ne aaj ye sab poochha aur main emotional ho gayi, mujhe yaad aa gaya ke main bhi un mein se ek thi, aur woh bhi, main toh sab jaanti hoon aur us pain ko jaanti bhi hoon, par main chahti hoon usay woh pain kabhi na feel ho, aur usay kabhi pata na chalay," (When Aadvik asked all that, I grew emotional, I got to remember that me and Aadvik both were among those children only, I know everything about it, I am even aware of that pain, but I don't want him to feel that pain ever, and that he never gets to know about it) she said crying quietly.

"Kya pata na chalay?" (What should I never get to know?) Aadvik asked coming there and they got shocked and Harshita quickly wiped Nashita's tears. "Nothing," she said. "Yes nothing happened," Avinash too agreed. "Kya pata na chalay didi? Aap toh batao," (What should I never get to know elder sister? At least you tell) he asked and Nashita too remained quiet. "Kya hai? Kiun munh pe taalay laga kar baithay ho? Mujhe kiun nahi batao gay? Kya baat hai?" (What is it? Why have you all grown tongue-tied? Why won't you all tell me? What's the matter?)  he asked and they all remained quiet. "Family secret hai toh mujhe bhi pata chalna chahiye na? Main aapki family nahi hoon kya? Aap chup reh kar kya chhupa rahay ho? Bolo na please," (If it's a family secret, then shouldn't I also get to know it? Am I not your family? What are you all hiding by being quiet? Please tell me)  he said. "Yahi ke aap dunia ke best bhai ho," (That you are world's best brother) Nashita said.

"Achha? Ye batanay ke liye itne nakhre? Baat toh kuchh or thi, khair rehne do, main toh aap log ki family he nahi hoon na? Aap ne hurt kar diya mujhe kuchh nahi bata kar," (Oh, so many tantrums for this? It was definitely something else, so I am n...

"Achha? Ye batanay ke liye itne nakhre? Baat toh kuchh or thi, khair rehne do, main toh aap log ki family he nahi hoon na? Aap ne hurt kar diya mujhe kuchh nahi bata kar," (Oh, so many tantrums for this? It was definitely something else, so I am not your family, right? You all have hurt me by not telling me) he said and ran away. "Harshita, I think we should tell him," Avinash said. She shook her head getting tears in her eyes. "No, we can't, tum ko pata nahi kya? Please aisay mat karna," (Don't you know? Please don't do that) she said. "He loves us and will understand us, he feels lucky to have us, let's tell him," he said and she agreed and they stood up and went to his room.

Nashita walked to Aadvik who was sitting with his back towards her, she hugged him from behind. "Aadu, sun na, tujhe pata hai tu hum ko mila kaise?" (Aadu, listen to me, you know how we got you?) she asked and he kept quiet ignoring her. "Aray, tu waheen toh mila na jahan woh parents un babies ko chhor kar ja rahay thay, aur main pata hai kaise mili? Main bhi waise he mili? Hum dono equal equal, hai na?" (We got you there only where those parents were giving away their babies, and you know how they got me? They got me from there only, we both are equal equal, right?) she asked and he didn't reply. She turned him towards her and saw him crying and hugged him. "Matlab main in ka baby nahi hoon aur na he aap?" (Means neither of us are their baby?) he asked.

She broke the hug. "Hum in ke he toh babies hain, I mean baad mein banay, hum ko in dono ne apnay saath rakha, itna pyaar kiya, kiun? Kiun ke ye dono humari family hai, we are family," (We are their babies only, I mean we became their babies later on, they both kept us close to them, they gave us so much love, why? Because they both are our family, we are family) she said wiping his tears. "Toh phir pehle kiun nahi kaha?" (So then why didn't you tell before?)  he asked. "Tu hum ko chhor kar chala jaata," (We feared that you would leave us) she said sadly and he hugged her. "But we are family, main aap ko kabhi chhor sakta hoon kya? Nahi na, aur aap bhi mujhe nahi chhor saktay na?" (But we are family, can I ever leave you? No, right? And you also would never leave me, right?)  he asked and she kissed his cheek.

"Tu toh meri jaan hai," (You are my life) she said and he tightened the hug. "Aap bhi meri jaan ho," (Even you are my life) he said, Harshita and Avinash smiled seeing them and entered the room. The siblings broke the hug and stood on the bed hugging their parents. "We love you mumma papa," they said in unison. "We love you too," they too said in unison. "Hum sab ek family hain," (We all are a family) Aadvik said. "Haan, aur hum ek doosre ko kabhi chhor kar nahi jaayengay," (Yes, and we all would stick together throughout our lives)  Nashita said. "Hum bhi aap ko chhor kar nahi jaayengay," (Even we won't go leaving you both)  Harshita said. "Hum toh aap ko humesha apnay saath rakhengay," (We both would keep you both with us) Avinash said and they all rejoiced.

The end.