PROLOGUE

🥀

"WEATHER forecast update..."

Michelle slipped on her shoes and grabbed her bag, ready to pick up her brother Kevin. She looked out the window and saw the dark clouds rolling in.

"Mom! I'm going to pick up Kevin," she called out.

Martha emerged from the kitchen, spatula in hand. "It's pouring outside, dear. Take an umbrella."

Michelle hesitated for a moment, remembering how Kevin hated sharing umbrellas, even with family.

"Wait, do you have an extra umbrella?" she asked.

Martha nodded and grabbed another umbrella from the kitchen. "Here you go. You should hurry. It's going to be a terrible storm."

"Thanks, Mom. I'll be back soon," Michelle said, planting a kiss on her mother's cheek. "Love you."

"Love you, too. Stay safe!" Martha called out as Michelle stepped out into the rain.

As soon as she stepped outside, she opened her umbrella and felt the cold wind enveloping her. She looked up at the sky and sighed, noticing that it was rapidly growing darker.

As she started walking, she surveyed her surroundings. This weather was just the type that called for a steaming cup of coffee. She should have been at home, relaxing in her bedroom with some mellow tunes and a hot drink, but Kevin had texted her that he needed an umbrella, so that plan was now out the window.

As she rummaged through her sling bag, her fingers grazed a familiar pair of glasses. She breathed a sigh of relief, realizing they belonged to Kevin.

"That kid forgets a lot of his things," she muttered to herself, as she continued walking along the side of the street.

She noticed a figure in the distance punching the air furiously, with droplets of water pouring down on them. Intrigued, she quickened her pace and approached the person.

Suddenly, the figure collapsed to the wet ground with a loud thud. She rushed over to check on them, but the person was already starting to get up, looking a bit dazed and embarrassed. Without hesitation, she opened her umbrella and shielded the person from the rain.

Are you okay?" she asked with concern.

Tears formed in her eyes as she stared at the ceiling, feeling trapped and hopeless. She blamed herself for ever getting involved with him; it was the root of his craziness over her.

If I just ignored him in the first place, I wouldn't be in this situation.

All she could hear at the moment was the sound of her breathing and the clinking of the cuffs on her feet. She sobbed softly, feeling completely alone and helpless.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and a figure stepped inside. She scrambled to sit up, her heart racing with fear.

"Hello there, darling," he said with a menacing grin.

Her heart sank, and she knew that she was in even deeper trouble than she thought. She could feel his eyes on her, and it made her skin crawl. She knew she had to stay strong and find a way out of this situation, but she couldn't help feeling overwhelmed by the hopelessness of it all.

🥀

Author's note:

I'm baaaaaack! It's been so long since I updated my book. I have been through a lot and uninstalled Wattpad.

I just felt like, I can't abandon this book with all the errors. After these MAJOR revisions, I'll probably write the second book.

So long!

-creepy_stalker199