Chapter Sixteen: The Reflection Of Anger

Thank you so much divya2702 for the recommendation for this chapter!

(REVISED VERSION)

🥀

ZACH was lying on the ground, his mind racing as he replayed the events that had just transpired. He winced as his eyes fell on the fresh wound on his leg from the shot Michelle had fired at him. Frustration boiled inside of him, and he muttered a string of offensive words under his breath.

In a fit of rage, he punched the ground, screaming out Michelle's name. Tears streamed down his face as he struggled to get back on his feet. "After everything I've done for you, this is how you repay me? You stupid bitch!" he yelled.

He finally managed to stand up and headed towards his car, his hands tightly gripping the steering wheel as he sat inside, staring at the silent road ahead. "You can't just fucking ignore me all the time!" he cried out, hitting his head with his hand.

"Why can't you just be mine?" he muttered, tears still streaming down his face. He pulled out his other phone from the passenger seat and opened it, staring at Michelle's picture on the screen. Despite her not smiling, she still looked breathtakingly beautiful to him.

"You're just so fucking irreplaceable," he whispered to himself, feeling the weight of his emotions crashing down on him.

As they sat on the bench, a girl wrapped her arm around Zach's waist, but he didn't feel anything. He had been with so many girls before that he didn't even bother to remember their names. He let out a yawn, feeling bored.

The girl beside him caught his attention. "What did you just say?"

Zach shook his head, not caring about her reaction. She sighed and leaned back, clearly annoyed. "I have to vent. There's this girl who always takes the spotlight, and it's pissing me off."

He just gave her a shrug, not interested in what she was saying. As more students began to leave, Zach got up and left without a word.

The girl called out to him, "Where are you going?"

"Home," he replied, not even bothering to look back. As he walked home, he could hear his parents arguing loudly in the kitchen. He rolled his eyes and made his way to the stairs, but stopped when he heard his name mentioned in their argument.

Zach had grown up in a house where chaos and drama were a constant presence. It was a miracle when things were ever quiet. But this time was different, this time it cut through him like a knife.

He crept towards the kitchen, his heart pounding in his chest. His mother's sobs and his father's angry voice filled the air.

"You're with that whore again, aren't you?!" his mom yelled, her voice breaking.

His dad's response was like a kick to the gut. "Yeah, I'm with her. And you know what? I'll take responsibility for her and our kid!"

Zach's legs turned to jelly. He leaned against the doorframe to steady himself as his father's words echoed in his mind. His mother's cries grew louder, more desperate.

"You son of a bitch!" she screamed. "Go be with her! I don't fucking need you!"

The door flew open, and his father emerged, his face blotchy and red. Zach recoiled as his dad pushed past him and stormed out of the house.