Chapter Fourteen: Failing

🥀

(REVISED VERSION)

Michelle struggled to catch her breath as she sprinted through the dense, never-ending forest. Her heart pounded in her chest, and her legs ached from running for what seemed like an eternity. Suddenly, she stumbled and fell to the ground, a sharp rock piercing the sole of her foot. She bit her lip to stifle a scream, closing her mouth tightly with her hands.

The pain was excruciating, but she refused to give up. She tore a strip of fabric from her clothing and wrapped it tightly around her bleeding foot, gritting her teeth and forcing herself to stand up again. "I can do this," she whispered to herself, trying to summon the strength to keep going.

But then her flashlight began to flicker, and before she knew it, the light went out completely. She pounded it with her palm in frustration, but it was no use. The darkness closed in around her like a suffocating blanket, and her fear intensified. She had no idea if her abductor was still chasing her, or if he had given up and left her to die in the woods.

As she stumbled forward, she heard the sound of a car engine approaching behind her. Her heart leaped with hope, but as the car pulled up and she saw Zach's scowling face through the window, her hope turned to despair. She tried to run, but he was too fast. He grabbed her by the arm and dragged her towards his car, ignoring her pleas for help.

When she saw a man on a bench talking on his cellphone, she ran towards him, desperate for help. But before she could even explain her situation, the man slumped over, a bullet hole in his head. Michelle screamed in horror, feeling her legs give way beneath her.

Zach tightened his grip on her arm, pulling her towards him. "Stop testing my patience, Michelle," he growled, his anger boiling over. "I've had enough of your bullshit."

He dragged her along the road, her feet barely touching the ground. She screamed in pain as he punched her in the stomach, the breath knocked out of her. But she refused to give up. She spat curses at him, fuelled by her anger and desperation.

"I hate you!" she screamed, her voice cracking with emotion. "I fucking hate you!"

He yanked her hair, causing her to cry out in pain. "Watch your mouth, bitch," he spat. "Or I'll make you regret it."

She felt a sharp pain across her face as he slapped her, her head spinning from the impact. She could see the fury in his eyes and knew that he was capable of anything. With a trembling voice, she nodded in agreement, too afraid to speak.

He grabbed her arm again, and they continued down the deserted road, the darkness surrounding them like a shroud. She knew that she was walking toward a living hell, but she refused to give up hope. She would find a way to escape, no matter what it took.

As they reached the car, Michelle tried to break free, but Zach was too strong. He shoved her into the backseat, slamming the door shut behind her. Michelle felt the tears well up in her eyes as she tried to catch her breath. She was trapped, alone with her abductor, in the middle of nowhere.

Zach got into the driver's seat and started the car, his eyes fixed on the road ahead. Michelle watched him closely, trying to gauge his mood. He seemed angry, but also nervous. She wondered what he was planning, what he wanted from her.

For hours they drove through the dark, twisting roads, Zach's grip never loosening. Michelle tried to stay awake, but exhaustion took over, and soon she was drifting in and out of consciousness.

When she woke up, they had stopped in front of his house. Zach got out of the car and opened the back door, pulling her out roughly. Michelle stumbled and fell, her hands scraping against the rough ground.

"Get up," Zach said, his voice cold and hard. "We're here."

Michelle looked up at the house, her heart sinking. She tried to fight back the tears, but they came anyway, rolling down her cheeks in hot, salty streams.

Zach grabbed her by the hair, pulling her up to her feet. "Stop crying," he growled. "It won't do you any good."

He pushed her towards the house, and Michelle stumbled forward, her feet dragging on the ground. She could hear the sound of her heart pounding in her ears, the fear gripping her like a vice.

Zach shoved her towards a mattress on the floor, his eyes burning with rage. "This is where you'll be sleeping," he said. "Until I decide what to do with you."

Michelle felt a surge of anger and defiance rise in her chest. She refused to let him break her, to make her his victim. She looked up at him, her eyes blazing with determination.

"I won't be here for long," she said, her voice steady. "You can't keep me here forever."

Zach laughed, a cold, heartless sound. "We'll see about that," he said. "You're mine now, Michelle. And you're not going anywhere."

He turned and walked towards the door, his footsteps echoing in the silent surrounding. As he left, Michelle felt a sense of dread wash over her. She was alone, trapped, with no hope of escape.

But she refused to give up. She would find a way out, no matter what it took. She had survived so much in her life, and she wasn't about to give up now. She would fight, with every ounce of strength she had, until she was free.

🥀

Author's Note:

Hey there!

I hope you're doing great and staying safe. So, I have to tell you about this amazing song I just heard! Fujii Kaze's live performance of "Shinunoga E-wa" gave me the chills! It was just that good.

Anyways, enough about that. I wanted to check in and see how you're liking this new version I've been working on. If you're an old reader of this story, you know how cringey this book was before haha. I'm putting in a lot of effort to make it the best it can be, so I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for your support and I'll catch you in the next chapter!

Cheers,

-creepy_stalker199