Chapter VIII 'Traitor'

The whole clan was silent. Almost everyone crowded around the medicine den, while Cloudstorm, Sparrowflight, and Wolfwhisker sat by Trixie's body. Silverpaw watched in dismay at the back of the clearing. (What are we going to do? So many sad cats....) Cloudstorm suddenly stood up and padded toward her, Fluffyfur followed. "We got to do something about this." Silverpaw mewed worrily. Cloudstorm shook his head. "Its no use! There's already a dead cat and many wounded warriors, not to mention we don't know who or what we're dealing with!"

Silverpaw sighed. (Cloudstorm is right...... Wait a minute.....) Silverpaw stared into the warriors den. *sniff* *sniff* (I haven't seen Acornflight in a while....) Silverpaw padded over toward the warriors den. "Where are you going?" Fluffyfur asked. Silverpaw didn't reply. Cloudstorm whispered in Fluffyfur's ear, "That's a first." "Hello?" Silverpaw mewed into the darkness of the warriors den. "You called?" "It's me Silverpaw!" Acornflight stepped out onto the open. "What do you want?" Silverpaw stiffed. (Hmm..) "Where were you? All the others are out here worried." Acornflight snorted. "First off, your not my mother. Secondly, i was sleeping. Who cares anyway?"

Silverpaw's tail lashed, and her ears rolled back. "You've been acting strangly lately." Acornflight stared into Silverpaw's blue eyes. "Yes, i have." Silverpaw's claws unsheathed. (Cloudstorm was right... (Flashback) ; "Are you sure about this?" "Com'on! How bad can they be?;) Silverpaw gasped. (She...she... ) Silverpaw leaped onto Acornflight. "Ow!" Acornflight yowled as she flung her off her back. Silverpaw landed neatly on her feet. Her eyes blazing like a blue flame. Cloudstorm panicked. "Stop! Both of you! What's wrong with you Silverpaw?!?" Just then Moonclaw stepped into the den.

"What is going on here?!" Silverpaw growled. "Acornflight is a traitor." Cloudstorm gasped. Moonclaw growled. "What makes you think of this?" Acornflight sprang, she leaped over the two toms. "Silverpaw's right, you better run."

It's been a loooong time.... but now i think im ready. Things are just heating up....