Chapter Five: Taking Refuge.

It took about 4 hyperspace jumps before the Millennium Falcon finally entered the Milky Way galaxy. Katooni saw what the galaxy had become. Patrol ships guarded a giant grey space station shaped like a moon.

"That's the Death Star," Clementine told her, "It's where the Royal Palace is located. Where we're going is to the planet Earth."

They managed to bypass the patrol ships and enter the planet. They touched down at an airport in the United States. California had been renamed New Shadow in King Shadower's evil glory according to some people that Clementine asked. Thankfully no one recognized Clementine as the lost princess and Katooni kept the charade going by saying that they were visitors from another galaxy who moved here in order to assimilate into the glorious King Shadower's regime.

At the adjective "glorious", Clem shot a noticeable glare at Katooni, but she didn't notice it.

Clementine booked yet another hotel for them to stay in and they stayed at a luxury suite that Katooni paid for with four galactic credits. The staff were suspicious as galactic credits were not the Kingdom's currency, but Katooni brought up that she was from another galaxy and galactic credits were that galaxy's currency. The lead staff member understood and gave the room key to them.

When they got inside and closed the door, Clementine told Katooni to unpack her things as they were going to stay there for a while. Katooni nodded and did so no questions asked.

Katooni desperately wanted to prove her worth to Clementine, so she was going to uphold her promises whatever the cost. She knew that Clem was conflicted about letting her come and she was determined to prove herself.

She proceeded to tour the hotel room, eventually finding Clementine in the master bedroom watching some TV.

"Hey," Clementine greeted her, letting Katooni come up onto the bed with her.

"Is that everything?" Katooni asked, "If you need me to do some-"

"No, it's fine," Clementine cut in, "I'm watching the news here. I'd say it's typical of my uncle from what I remember to want statues of himself. Look at that."

Katooni looked at the TV. The reporter was showing a footage of a golden statue of King Shadower being unveiled at Shadow D.C in Virginia. She could see why Clementine was amused. Even after 7 years, the tyrannical king still wanted glory even after he got it. She saw Clementine turn off the TV and get off the bed.

"I'm going to go get food from the lounge," Clementine told her, "Stay here and don't open the door for anyone unless I tell you it is me, alright?"

Katooni nodded obediently.

Clementine left the hotel room and Katooni distracted herself from boredom by watching some television shows. On one channel, she watched the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and was instantly hooked on it.

She watched a few episodes and then went to the kitchen to get some more water after she finished the first bottle.

That was when Clementine came back in and slammed the door, muttering: "Nasty waiter, who pays him anyway?!"

Katooni greeted her, but she just brushed her aside and went to the master bedroom.

"Clementine..." Katooni asked cautiously, "Are...you okay?"

"The service down there was horrible," Clementine told her when she came in to the master bedroom, "If it was my father in charge, that waiter wouldn't last one second in his job with an attitude like that. Not only did he refuse to serve me, he said they didn't allow take outs, which the sign on the lounge door clearly said they did allow it. Then he shoved me out the door and told me to never come back when I pointed that out."

"I'm sorry," Katooni replied.

"It's not your fault," Clementine said, "First thing when I take back the throne, I'm eliminating that guy."

Katooni suddenly had an idea, "Do you want to...walk around the city?"