ocho

He braked the motorcycle at a grassy hill and I looked out at the view. We were far from the city now, "We have to walk from here." I hopped off and leaned against the seat as he pulled a bottle of unlabeled alcohol out of his backpack and took an ambitious sip before gesturing it towards me.

"I'm good."

"Infinity..." he said my name in a low, exasperated way that made the hairs on my arm stand at attention, waving the bottle tauntingly in front of my face, "Come on! You came to Spain to have fun, right? You came up here with me tonight to have fun..." he tipped the bottle's opening towards me, "Didn't you?"

He's right. I didn't come halfway across the world for nothing. I came here to party, get drunk and shake ass and I haven't been able to do any of that.

"Alright, alright." I cracked a smile and reached for the bottle but he yanked it out of my range.

"Not so fast, baby girl," he stood up in front of me. Why am I just now realizing how tall he is?
"You can't keep doing this second-guessing yourself stuff," he continued, "you gotta start learning to trust yourself. Besides, the more you hesitate, the more you make me wait and I don't like waiting." he grabbed my face with his hand, tilting my chin up high towards the moon, gripping my cheeks, "Open." My jaw fell and he started to pour the drink down. "Now, I'll give you a pass for making me wait for your number just because you're a clumsy little girl," I grabbed his wrist turning the bottle back upwards because my mouth was starting to get full with drink. "Swallow it...good girl. But I can't promise I'll be so lenient if there's a next time."

Our eyes were locked and I could feel that lethargic butterfly springing back to life in my groin. I gulped down the bitter, yet sour liquid and coughed immediately, it tasted like past due castor oil, "Jesus, what the fuck is that?"

He took the bottle from my hands and took a long sip, trying to not make a face, "I have no fucking clue."

We looked at each other and laughed. He took my hand and we ran up the hill giggling like a couple of schoolchildren.
He brought me all the way up to a cliff top village that overlooked a system of buildings and houses that were all packed together.

As I admired the sight, he jumped from the rooftop we were on to the one adjacent to it, he then motioned for me to follow him

"Hey! What-" He put his finger to his lips, shushing me as he motioned once more.

"Just jump. No second-guessing." he whispered.

The jump wasn't far by any means but the gap between the buildings was steep. I just imagined the fall.
No, stop second-guessing yourself.