xlvii. 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬

When Mavis woke up, she didn't know where she was

"El." her voice was deeper, clearly hinting at she'd been asleep a while. But, no El. Nothing, she was alone. "El!"

She got up too fast, her head spun slightly. She was in a white room, a rainbow on the wall. She opened up the door, apart of her thought it would be locked. Mavis crept outside, met with Owens immediately. She backed up with her hand rose, telling him to back off. "Where the hell am I?"

"Mavis." he held his hand up. "You're safe. Eleven is safe. We had to put you to sleep so you wouldn't know the location."

"I don't remember." she shook her head.

"You said it would be okay. You'll likely remember soon." he promised her with a nod. "Can you promise not to hurt me if I walk closer? To explain everything to you right now."

Mavis hesitated. "Sit on the bed, don't move."

"Got it." he nodded, walking slowly into the room and sitting on the bed she once was in. Mav stayed near the door, her back against the wall as she watched him. "We've brought Eleven here to restore her powers. No jail."

"Restore her powers how? Is she safe?" she questioned quickly.

"She is. It's like a training. We're not sure the time it'll take." he nodded to her. "Something is happening in Hawkins. Something dangerous. Your friends in California are safe, protected. But your friends in Hawkins, they're in danger."

Mav felt a flood of chills go over her arms as her heart fell. "My brother and sister are still in Hawkins."

"We know. Which is why I wanted to be the one to speak to you." he nodded to her. "For the time being, we don't know how long it'll take Eleven to get her powers back, in order to defeat this."

Mavis realized what he was hinting at. "This is where I come in."

"If you go home, you can warn them. Let them know she'll be home." he nodded to her. "It'll be dangerous, extremely. But, maybe if they know what's going on, it could make a difference."

"I don't understand." she stated with a faint frown of her eyebrows. "Why send me but not Mike, Jonathan, and Will?"

"Because we trust you the most with Eleven." he stared at her. "We trust you'll deliver her message with respecting that this will take time. You care for her, and we know you'd never put her in danger. We know more then you think we know."

Mavis frowned as she looked down the hallway, she shook her head as her eyes watered. "Can I see her? I don't-"

"Her training is more complex, we're afraid you won't be able to speak to her." Owens shook her head as he saw the pain on her face. "But we spoke to her before her training began. She asked me to give this to you."

Mavis looked at the paper, grasping it quickly to see sloppy hand writing in the shade of pink.

Dear Mav,