ELEVEN

⇥✰⇤
Find her way back to me

"It would take a lot of energy to build something like this" Mike spoke as he showed the drawing Mr.Clarke made to him. Mavis looked at him oddly and then back to El, who's eyes were wide.

"I mean... that has to be what happened, right? How else would Will get to Australia?" Mavis asked with a shrug of her shoulders after the boys told her the story Mr.Clarke said to them about the flee and the rope.

"For the last time, he isn't in Australia," Dustin said annoyed as he slapped his forehead.

"What we wanna know; is do you know where the gate is?" Lucas asked with a sigh as he approached El, after rolled his eyes at his friends. Eleven shook her head while Mavis sat down next to her.

"Then how do you know about the upside-down?" Lucas asked her defensively, making Mavis chunk the pillow behind her toward him.

"Ignore him, he hasn't been updated on his people skills yet," Mavis said with a glare to Lucas before her gaze softened when she turned to El.

"She's not people, she's a weirdo" Lucas pointed out while Mavis flipped him off as she pretended to scratch the side of her face.

"Dustin, what are you doing?" Mike asked the curly-haired boy annoyed as he walked around the room with a small hand compass in his hand.

"Dustin? Dustin!" Mike yelled at him again when he didn't answer, Dustin's head shot up at the sudden yell.

"I need to see your compasses," he said quickly as they all gave him a weird look.

"What?" Mike asked him just as confused as the others.

"Your compasses, all of your compasses right now" he demanded as the group all searched Mike's basement for extras before putting their own on the table from their pockets.

"How do you have one?" Lucas glared at El when she slowly set the one from her pocket on the table with the others.

"I gave her one, in case she gets lost. So she can find her way back to me" Mavis added in as El nodded from beside her.

"Come back to Mav," the wigged blonde said in confirmation, making Lucas roll his eyes.

"What's exciting about this?" Mike asked with a sigh as Dustin sorted the small compasses.

"Well they're all facing north, right?" Dustin asked as he met eyes with each of them.

"Yeah, so?" Lucas shrugged as he pulled on the tie around his neck, making Mavis sigh and undue it for him with one yank.

"Well, that's not true north" Dustin shook his head, causing his curls to shake slightly.

"Not true north?" Mavis asked him with a look of telling him to go on.

"Exactly what I just said, that's not true north. Are all of you seriously this dense?" Dustin asked as he looked between his three friends, making Mavis's eyes widened suddenly.

"The upside-down!" Mavis said loudly as she began slapping the boy's arm as he shoved her off.

"See! Mavis's got it" Dustin explained as he pointed to the girl.

"Are we missing something?" Mike asked, still just as confused as he was before.

"The sun rises in the east, and it sets in the west" Dustin explained as you would to a toddler.

"Which means that's true north," Mavis said with a point in a completely different direction than the compasses where.

"So the compasses are broken?" Mike asked with a shrug, making Mavis sigh and slap her forehead.