FIVE

⇥✰⇤
Maybe you just need a distraction

"Excuse me-" Max began to the man at the pool front desk.

"No one in the water until thirty minutes after the last strike, and don't try and argue with me. Wanna get electrocuted? Go climb a try." the man said, not bothering to look up from his magazine.

"We're not here to swim, climb trees, and we're certainly not here for your attitude." Mavis snapped as El nodded. Carrie gave the two a look.

"We found this." El said as she held up the fanny pack as the man looked up at it.

"Does that belong to anybody here?" Carrie asked while looking over the counter at him.

"Oh yeah, that's Heathers. I'll get it back to her." he said to them, zero emotion in his face.

"We could give it back to her." El offered, needing a excuse to see if the older teen was okay.

"You could, except she's not here. Bailed on me today." he explained while picking the magazine back up again.

"What? You girls want a reward or something?" he asked them now, seeing as the four were still there.

"Depends, what are you offering?" Mavis asked with a eyebrow raise, Max smacked her arm quickly with a eye roll.

"Nope, we're just good samaritans." Max said with a fake smile toward him as the girl behind the desk smiled at the four. El pulled Mavis toward the small pin bored, looking at the picture of the small curly haired girl.

"Heather." Carrie said in confirmation as El nodded her head.

"Do you think you could find her?" Max asked as Mavis scoffed with a eye roll.

"What's your problem now?" Max asked her as the two turned to each other.

"You! All of this! She can't keep on just using her abilities like that, Max. What if she gets stuck there, what if she can't come out?" Mavis asked as Max sighed, grabbing her arm to pull her to the side as Carrie led El somewhere else.

"I know you're worried, but do you honestly think El will push herself that hard? She'd know if it was dangerous, she's done it so many times now. You need to just take a breath and realize that she's trying to save people here." Max said as if it were that simple, Mavis looked to the side as she adjusted the jacket on her shoulders.

"That's easy for you to say. You're not the one that lost her for a year. Do you know what that felt like? Horrible, terrible, you name it I felt it. If she gets stuck, there's no pulling her out of that, nothing and then she's gone forever." Mavis explained as Max put a hand on her arm.

"You need to trust this, to trust her. She knows what she's doing, you know that better then anyone." Max explained as Mavis sighed before walking to were the other two headed off, the redhead following after her.

"Here, these should do it." Mavis explained as she finished wrapping the goggles enough for El to be completely blind when she put them on.

"Thanks." El said to her with a small smile as Carrie and Max turned on all the showers.

"Just be carful in there." Mavis said as El gave her a eyebrow raise.