THIRTEEN

⇥✰⇤
Cute Jeans

"Quiet." Max scolded Lucas as he opened his new coke can.

"Oh sorry." Lucas whispered to her as he took a long sip of it.

"How do you even drink that?" Mike asked him with a look of disgust.

"Because it's delicious."

"What?"

"The original is the classic, no question about it. But the remake..... sweeter, bolder, better." Lucas said as he smacked his lips together.

"Woah, someone get a camera crew in here." Mavis said sarcastically toward her brother.

"See, Mavis knows what's up." Carrie nodded her way as Mavis turned to her with a nod.

"Those are cute jeans." Mavis said to Carrie as she looked down at her bell bottoms.

"You're cute jeans." Carrie said back to her as Mavis frowned her eyebrows.

"Those are mine?" the pink haired girl asked, never in her life owning a pair like it.

"No." Carrie shook her head as the party watched the two.

"Oh I thought you said 'your cute jeans.' " Mavis said as she crossed her arms.

"I did." Carrie said with a nod, Will and Lucas sharing a confused look.

"Those are my jeans?" Mavis asked her with a more forceful voice.

"No. You are cute jeans."Carrie said in a louder voice as well with a eye roll.

"Huh?" Mavis asked confused as El yanked her blindfold off.

"Hey!" she said loudly, catching all their attention.

"Right, sorry El." Mavis said to her quickly as Carrie nodded.

"Yeah, sorry." she short haired girl said to her.

"Did you find them?" Mike questioned as El nodded.

"The movies? Dustins so freaked out about the gate he decided to go watch a movie?" Lucas asked as he pushed a basket around the store after El told them what she saw. Mavis was sitting in the cart, eating a bag of lays.

"That makes sense." Mavis said, even though they couldn't understand her from the mouthful she had.

"You're positive he said gate and not great?" Max asked as she looked down at Mavis, who nodded from the basket.

"Yeah like this movie i'm watching is great." Will added in as an example.

"No William!" Mavis said loudly from the cart so he could hear her from the back.

"Sounded like gate." El nodded, taking Mavis's side.

"Which would explain how the mindflayer is still alive." Mike added in, knowing to not question Mavis or El.

"Makes total sense then, Lucas." Carrie said to him with a eye roll.

"Yeah we just have to shut it again." Nancy added in as Mavis laughed.