Pool Party pt.1 Ep.20

A/N: Hey guys don't worry I'm still trying to get back into writing. Writing in general has just kind of hit a wall not to mention mental health and getting through my first year of college. I'm still fully planning on finishing the story and giving you guys the full experience the way I planned to when I started this, maybe even adding a little more for your amazing patience! Without further ado~

~~~

Jaehee POV

~~~

"MC," I call up the stairs, "I got the car packed, are you ready?"

"Yeah, I'm coming!" she replies.

The past couple weeks have been troublesome, but she insisted on staying independent. Because of this, I insisted she get a new crutch. She comes down the stairs, slowly but surely with her new knee crutch* attached to her leg, a thud sounding with each step. With it, she doesn't have to use normal crutches and can walk somewhat normally.

"I did it!" she says with a smile and giggle, one that I don't fully understand given the circumstances. "I'm getting better about moving around with this thing," she says, swinging it in a circle, demonstrating the movement.

"I bet the guys will be happy to see you," I say.

Zen dropped by a few times, which, I hate to admit but I'm glad he did. For her sake. Yoosung, well he's been busy working for Jumin but he's managed to crawl through our doors for some pastries. He mostly spends time with her through their online gaming. Jumin has been busy with the company, but he's sent a muffin basket. As if we don't have enough sweets around here... And well, Luciel still blames himself. I don't think he can really look MC in the eye anymore.

"Well let's go then, she says pointing towards the door, "Onward!"

With a shake of my head, I open the door so MC can hobble out. The driver is waiting for us in the limo Jumin sent. This has been our main form of transportation with what happened to MC's car...

'I should learn how to drive...' I think to myself, watching as MC grips the seat lightly. She's recovered rather quickly, in fact, it would almost be hard to believe she could have died a few weeks ago if it wasn't for the cast. But driving still terrifies her, and after seeing what happened to her, it scares me a little too. 'That's why I should learn how to drive. Then I can protect her.'

We arrive at Jumin's personal summer home shortly, a modern house on a slight hill with a large hedge around the yard. Compliments of his father, who forced Jumin to take it. Jumin usually prefers his penthouse, but this place serves as a good private area for get together. The driver pushes a button and the gate opens up. I open the door and step out onto the brick driveway, MC following behind me with a clank.

I gather the stuff up from the trunk as MC walks up to the door and rings the bell. With a bag in one hand and a cake in the other, I go to the entrance to MC and Jumin chatting.

"Good afternoon Miss... Jaehee," Jumin catches himself.

"Hello Jumin," I greet, taking in the rare sight of him in swim trunks. Of course he is the type to wear a shirt as well.

"Shall we go?" he asks. "Zen and Yoosung are already waiting in the back at the pool."

"Lead the way," I offer, "also, where do you want this cake?"

~~~

MC POV

~~~

After making sure I was comfortably settled down in one of the pool-side chairs, Jaehee went back in to change into her suit. I've never seen her in one, and I'm a little nervous but also intrigued. My mind wanders to images of her in a one-piece black suit, and I force myself out of the idea. Luckily, if I end up as a blushing mess, I can blame it on sunburn. The heat makes me increasingly glad I wore my striped summer romper and floppy hat, even if there is an umbrella. Sadly, Jaehee and I have been dating for weeks by now and it still feels the same as before, just with the occasional kiss here or there. She still gives me butterflies, but it feels like she's holding back.