Not Again Pt.2 Ep.16

Originally posted on FanFiction.net, Link in bio. This will be an episode behind, so if you want to read ahead, (cause humans are impatient beings), check me out on the other site!

A/N: Heads up, there's a lot of time skips. I tried to make it flow as best I could, but hopefully it won't be confusing or anything. Yay 2 AM writing!

Today we have another music chapter! This time, it's "Sad Song" by We the Kings. I recommend checking it out for the best experience!

Mystic Radio Chapter 16: Not Again Pt.2

~~~

Jaehee POV

.

I lie with my head rested on the side of MC's hospital bed. The only noise coming from the heart monitor. There's a knock on the door, but I say nothing, too consumed in my own thoughts.

Will MC be alright? Or will history just repeat itself? The doctor said she was stable, she'll recover.

They lied once before, they could do it again...

It's hard to stay positive with this overwhelming sense of dread filled Déjà vu. I feel someone tap a hand on my shoulder.

"Jaehee?" I lift my head up and see Zen's eyes looking at me, a dark sadness fills his expression that I've never seen before. "How are you holding up?" he asks, rubbing my shoulder comfortingly.

I can't muster the words to speak. This feels more dreamlike than anything. I just need to wake up. Unwilling to speak, I look at him and he gives me a knowing glance.

Luciel groans, "Why is there a coffee machine in here if it's so slow?", gripping his hair in frustration.

They're all here. They all came. My lip curves upward just barely, I won't be alone. I look back at the battered and bandaged MC on the bed. 'You won't be alone either. I'll make sure of it,' I vow.

Yoosung moves to the wall and slides down it, banging his head against it, leaning back. His voice cracks, saying "I just raided with her last night. She was... And now she...". His eyes are hollow, and his usual perky personality has completely reversed.

Luciel is too busy tinkering with the coffee machine to notice what's going on. Or maybe he just can't handle it.

Jumin sits in the corner chair, his usual grumpy face looking even grumpier than usual. Even our stone-faced CEO is getting affected like this.

Zen is still standing behind me. His lower lip quivers and his rubs his eyes, taking deep shaky breaths.

Everyone is showing their concerns, but I just feel empty, and a numbness tingle takes over my body. Even my mind has gone silent. It's as if I'm watching a movie, or playing some sick twisted game. Nothing feels real. I slowly reach and grab MC's hand with mine, gripping it a little too tightly. I run my thumb in circles over the back of her hand, the monitor in steady pace with my movement.

"She's going to be okay," Zen says as he pulls up a chair next to me. "She's going to be fine.". He's trying to keep it together, but his voice cracks at the end. It feels more like he's reassuring himself more than me.

Luciel slams his hand on the counter, startling Yoosung. "I should have just picked her up!" he says. "Or looked at her car ages ago.". He paces back and forth in front of the complimentary coffee maker, now in pieces. Running his hands through his hair, "I'm supposed to be the smart one, I'm supposed to fix this stuff.".