The Morning After Ep.18

Please note this was published late so the A/N is not accurate to current events, if you want to read up to date, check out my Fanfiction.net profile! Link in bio.

A/N: This episode is shorter than usual, explanation at the bottom. ~ Des

Mystic Radio Ep. 18: The Morning After

MC POV

.

Despite Jaehee's protests, I insisted I work. We compromised that I was to stay in a chair and work the counter, which considering the state of my leg, makes sense. Thankfully the chair does have wheels so I can still give people their sweets. I just cant move much elsewhere. I sit idle, waiting for customers, but we've hit the two P.M. slow hour. I rest my head on my hand, leaning on the countertop as I watch Jaehee clean tables.

Neither of us have talked about last night, but the effects of it are still obvious. Every time I tap her shoulder, or hold her hand a moment longer than necessary to hand her an order, her face becomes a blushing mess.

I still can't believe it. I kissed Jaehee! Not the smartest impulse decision, but probably one of the best. Hopefully, we can discuss it more after we close shop. We both like each other, but I don't know if she's open to start a relationship, or what will happen between us now.

I glance at the clock, only half an hour before two hours till closing time... Cole should be here in an hour and a half. I wonder if he'll notice us acting strangely? He's always been observant. Plus, I guess the fact I have a cast on my leg. He'll probably point that out too.

Time passes without much activity. Business picks up again after three, the usual time for teenagers and college students to come in.

The door clicks open, and a familiar face comes in. "MC! You're back!" Jacob says with a grand white smile. He and his girlfriend* both got accepted to come to Korea for a summer on a school scholarship. Very friendly couple, though, Emma is a bit shy. "I haven't seen you in a while.".

"It's good to be back," I admit. "Where's Emma?" I ask, finding it a bit odd. They almost always come together after work or school.

"She ended up getting called in to work overtime," he says as he runs his hair through his naturally dirty blond hair, an odd sight in South Korea. "Glad I dropped by, I got to see you again!" He says excitedly. How do high schoolers have so much enthusiasm? Is this normal for Americans?

I smile back at him, "Nice to see you too. What's your order going to be today?" I ask.

He leans down, thoroughly looking at all of the various cakes and pastries we have on display. "I think I'll have the lemon cake today.".

I get his order and hand it to him, which he takes with a smile, going off to find a seat. I don't think he's ever ordered the same thing twice. Emma on the other hand, she always orders something chocolate to go with her iced frappacheno.

Cole comes in, same time as usual. He welcomes me back in a monotone voice, and points out my cast like I predicted. He seemed to feel something was off, but didn't make any comments on it.

Once closing time hits, he packs up his notebooks, leaving the shop empty.

"I can help too somehow," I say, not wanting to be useless.

"No," Jaehee replies, "I can handle it. You need to rest that leg," she tells me.

I groan but otherwise don't protest. I watch as she flips chairs onto the table after wiping them off, and making sure each booth is clean.