Not Again Ep.15

Originally posted on FanFiction.net, Link in bio. This will be an episode behind, so if you want to read ahead, (cause humans are impatient beings), check me out on the other site!

Mystic Radio Ep. 15: Not Again

~~~

MC POV

.

It's the Saturday after the party and Jaehee and I haven't spoken since. Every time she tries to talk to me, I ignore her and find something that I have to do, or ignore her completely.

I head over to the corner booth, "I brought you cookie, Cole, on the house."

Without taking his eyes off his notepad, he takes the cookie with his free hand. "Thank you MC, I really appreciate it.". He drums his pencil on the paper, "MC, do you mind if I ask you something?"

"Not at all. The shop is kinda empty since it's so close to closing time anyways," I point out.

He points at the seat across from me with his pencil. I take a seat and he looks up for the first time, grabbing his coffee cup. He frowns when he sees it's empty and puts it off to the side with a sigh, "I'm working on a song and," then leaning forward and completely changing his tone, "why are you avoiding Miss Kang?"

"What, what do you mean?" I ask, taken aback by his sudden seriousness.

"You heard me.". He leans back and crosses his arms. "It's none of my business, but I'm a curious person. So why are you acting so weird? She clearly has something to tell you."

"I-I-", because it's better for us both? Because I'm scared of what she'll say when we do talk? "You're right. It isn't your business, so I will not be entertaining your curiosity.".

I get up to leave, and he tells me, "I don't know what's going on, but you guys need to work it out. It's obviously bothering your partner and it's affecting the taste of my coffee.".

I ignore him as I go back to wiping down tables and preparing to close the shop.

The second I flip our sign to 'closed' I quickly hang up my apron and go upstairs.

"MC?" I hear called behind me.

I rush to my room, ignoring Jaehee's call, and start packing my overnight bag. Jaehee knocks on the door. "I'm a little busy right now Jaehee," I tell her.

"I know but can we please just talk?". I pause for a moment before continuing to pack even faster than before. "Please MC, I haven't hardly seen you in days.".

I sling my bag onto my shoulder. I open the door and find Jaehee right on the other side, obviously upset. It breaks my heart but I brush it aside. "I know, and you wont see me for a few more. I just have some stuff to think about.". Time away is the best way to get over someone right?

"Why are your bags packed?" she asks as I brush by her, heading out.

"I'm going to Seven's and I'll be back to open on Monday.".

"MC," she protests as I grab my keys, "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"I'm my own person I don't need your permission," I chide.

"That's not what I meant and you know it," she says defensively.

I start heading downstairs only for Jaehee to grab my keys away from me.

Mystic RadioOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara