xii

・゚: *✧・゚. *

There it was: the special-grade cursed spirit, standing right in front of Yuji and Megumi.

Both boys stood there like deers in headlights, too afraid to do anything, even though their minds were screaming at them to move.

Finally, Yuji moved, only to have his hand chopped off, blood gushing out of where his hand used to be

"There's no running away now," Yuji said as he tightened the belt from the sheath around his arm to stop the blood flow. "If I die, you die too. You don't want that, do you Sukuna? Then help me!"

"I refuse." Sukuna said, leaving Yuji shocked. "Even if I die inside of you, I still have 18 more spirit fragments scattered around. That said, I'm unfortunately not in control of this body. It's up to you to switch. But when that happens, before I kill the curse, I'll kill Fushiguro here. Next is Kugisaki. She's got spunk, so that should be fun."

"I won't let that happen," Yuji said.

"I figured as much. But if you get too distracted with me..." The special grade was preparing for another attack. "Your friends might really die!"

The special grade spat out raw cursed energy, nearly hitting the boys.

The special grade laughed at the looks on their faces, the type of look you'd give when you just barely missed death.

"FUSHIGURO! FIND KUGISAKI AND GET OUTTA HERE!" Yuji yelled. "I'll keep this thing distracted until you two make it out. I don't care how you do it, but give me a signal once you two are out and safe."

"THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN DO THIS!" Megumi yelled in protest. "YOU'RE UP AGAINST A SPECIAL GRADE-AND YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE ARM!"

"Look closely," Yuji said calmly. "It's having fun. It's totally underestimating us. Buying some time shouldn't be too hard."

"I can't-"

"FUSHIGURO!" Yuji yelled, startling the raven-haired boy. "Please."

Without saying another word, Megumi ran away.

Sukuna frowned. He wanted to see the shikigami user in battle against the special grade.

Suddenly, Yuji was sent flying into a wall by the special grade's cursed energy. With extreme speed, it hit Yuji again, sending Yuji straight through the wall.

Yuji landed on the floor with a hard thud, as the special grade prepared for another attack. Yuji put his arms out in front of him as to shield himself from the cursed energy barrier, but all it did was eat away at Yuji.

Again, Yuji was sent flying into a wall. He sat there for a second before mumbling on about how he didn't want to die and how he thought he was weak. Sukuna smiled. Turns out that Yuji was just dense and dull.

Soon enough Yuji had calmed down, well more like he channeled all his negative energy into his fist and tried to punch the special grade, which was easily blocked, which shocked Yuji. How the hell was he going to buy time if he was going to die before his teammates made it out safely?

As if on que, a howl could be heard, and with that howl, brought a new foe.

"No matter how you slice it, your such an annoying brat," Sukuna said, now in full control of his body.

・゚: *✧・゚. *

Hello loves! I know this chapter was short but I needed to get something out there, just to get the ball rolling again. Anyway, it'd absolutely make my day much better if you guys would vote or comment on my story. Or not. That's cool too. Just the fact that you guys read my story is enough for me.