Chapter II - Battle of the Titans

Prior to the sudden time leap, Takemichi would find himself at his childhood bedroom, waking up from a rest that he can assume lasted the entire night. The sun was up, and his mother's persistent banter was heard through the door, regarding the importance of making it in time for school.

Takemichi had no intentions of time leaping at such a gruesome time. Although he didn't have any control of it, he had only wanted to save Mikey, and talk things through more sufficiently.

Then again, this could be used to his advantage. Perhaps there was a chance he can talk to Mikey, under better circumstances.

If he can even justify what his better circumstances are.

'What's the meaning of this?' He dresses into a dress shirt, a tie, and uniform trousers that were no different from a high schooler's. 'What the hell happened?' He's running through the narrow streets. 'Did I just time leap?!'

He reaches to his designated location. 'But this isn't twelve years ago...' He stands at the front gates of the high school that he attends to. 'It's ten years ago!' He subconsciously says loud, panicking. "I'm in high school now!"

Takemichi enters in the high school rather timidly, unsure of what to do. In the past that he originally underwent, he didn't even remember going to high school. After he abandoned his friends and delinquent phase, he did a series of jobs that he made him little to no income in living on his own.

"You're kidding me..." Takemichi is in shock, neglecting the fact that he was out in public.

"Hey, Takemitchy!" He follows his gaze to the source of the voice, Yamagishi. "G'morning." Standing before the time leaper were his friends that use to call themselves the Mizo Middle Crew. And just like him, they got a few changes done, too. Appearance wise.

"You're quite early today, for someone who's always late." Takuya comments.

"Yamagishi...Makoto...Takuya...Akkun...?!" Takemichi has yet to believe that this was happening. Surely, spending his high school years with his friends was a pleasure he sought for, but he didn't actually think he'd achieve it. 'They've become my buddies again in high school...'

"Yo! Takemitchy!" Takemichi is embraced by an arm, and is startled by the random appearance of the one responsible. They're so tall that they have to bend down to his height. "Have you studied for the final exams?" He detaches his arm from his shoulders and casually rubs his long royal blue hair. "Man, the moment I sat on the chair I felt sleepy."

Takemichi has no clue who this person was. 'Who is this?!'

Yamagishi says sheepishly. "Hakkai's pretty helpless despite how he looks, huh..."

"Totally!" Makoto reaffirms with no second thought.

Takemichi hears the two's side conversation and realizes that the person was, indeed, Hakkai. He had failed to recognize him, mostly because of the long hair. It definitely gave off a different aura. One that's more approachable, that's for sure.

"What are you staring at Takemitchy? Are you sick or something?" Hakkai asks with genuine concern. "Come on, let's go!" He and the former Mizo Middle Crew walk on ahead, while Takemichi remained dumbfounded.

'You guys have grown up a bit...' Takemichi thought, unsure of how to react to this new change of environment, where they aren't pursuing a life of delinquency.

Shortly after, a thought hit him. If Hakkai and the rest of his friends are here. Would that mean...

"Um, where's Chifuyu?"

The second that his friends tell him Chifuyu's current whereabouts, Takemichi dashes through the hallways, panting for his breath as he slams open the door to the empty classroom. "Chifuyu!" He spots his former vice captain at one of the desks that were insides.