Chapter V - Ups And Downs Of His Fate

Takemichi manages to sit up, on his knees. Even if (Y/n) if still in front of him, he had then remembered about the vision that had kept on repeating for the past week. 'If I even tell (Y/n) about the visions...would she even care?' His eyes narrow when he locks eyes with the young girl. 'Could it be that it was her...that attacked Senju?'

'No, she wouldn't be that desperate.' Takemichi returns to his original height and wipes away the blood that stained the corners of his face. 'I know (Y/n) better than anybody. She's my friend. And I know, deep down...even if she fought me and reaffirmed her new ideology...she's still the same (Y/n)!'

"(Y/n), for the past week..." Takemichi hesitates at first. "I've been receiving these visions...from the future..." (Y/n)'s eyes widen in reaction. "Recently, I've learned that Senju is suppose to die. But I don't know who did it, or how it happened."

(Y/n) believes the time leaper on the spot, no different from how she first learned about Takemichi's abilities. "Well, what did you see?"

"Just her and me. She was bleeding from her head, and smiling as she mentioned about our promise..." Takemichi answers honestly. "I cried in agony as she died in my arms. And I'm almost certain that'll happen today." He takes a step froward. "(Y/n), you have to help me protect her."

"You don't even have to request something like that." (Y/n) runs pass Takemichi. "Shit, and we let her go to the bathroom by herself!"

"Ah! That's right!" Takemichi follows her to where the restrooms where among the area. "We have to hurry!"

(Y/n) clicks her tongue. "Of all the times to tell me...!" She jerks her head to Takemichi and scolds at him. "You should've told me sooner, you idiot!"

Takemichi yells back at her. "Well, I couldn't exactly do that when my own best friend was beating the literal shit out of me!" (Y/n) has no reason to bicker back, and just prioritizes the well being of her commander.

The two reach to where the bathroom was, and keep their distance. Takemichi wanders his eyes to the tree that kept the hanging papers that he, Senju, and (Y/n) wrote on. Coincidentally, he spots Senju's wish from where he stands, reminding him of the vow she made to protect him.

And not long after, it clicks. The vision; Senju's last words.

"I've kept...my promise."

(Y/n) starts to have second thoughts, worried. "Do you think we were too late?"

Takemichi is distracted by his own daze. "Hold on..."

Suddenly, the pattering of several shoes that hit the wet floor are heard, and both (Y/n) and Takemichi are alarmed by the gang of hooded and masked men that surround them. "You must be Takemichi Hanagaki and (Y/n) (L/n)!" They assume that the one standing in the middle is the leader.

'The target is...us?!' Takemichi realizes.

"Are these two seriously them?" A fellow comrade of the leader questions.

"Yep. That's definitely them alright. They were with Senju Kawaragi." The leader was confident that these two were the actual targets.

"Who the hell are you guys?" (Y/n) has yet to understand what's going on.

"Are you sure you're gonna do this?" One of the men asks their leader for another confirmation that they'd really go through with the supposed plan.

"Yeah...it's the only way us small fry can climb the ranks." The leader doesn't intend on falling back whatsoever.

"But...we've talked to South about this!" Another men speaks up.

"Don't worry!" The men wields out a handgun from the pocket of his trousers. "I'm putting my life on the line for this. I'm going to use this baby right here!" He points the weapon at (Y/n) and Takemichi. "I'm sure South will understand!"