Chapter VIII - Blood-Chilling

(Y/n) slaps away the arm that Mikey used to punch her, and tilts her body slightly, enabling herself to elbow the center of the blonde's face. She concentrates her gaze on the boy when she sees him walking backward, due to the collision. She prepares a punch to hit him back, but the commander was quick to lock an arm under her extended arm, halting its movement. She fails to react in time for the kick that lands on her stomach and falls off her feet, returning to the wet floor.

Mikey shadows over (Y/n). "It's pointless to continue like this. You got shot in the thigh, didn't you? You'll open the wound and die in a matter of minutes."

(Y/n) doesn't plan on backing down. "As if I care about that." She thrusts in a leg and hits the front of Mikey's dominant leg. The force behind the attack causes Mikey to take a step back, to which puts the young girl at an advantage. She immediately gets up and repeats herself, this time, kicking his stomach.

Mikey puts aside the pain that aches his ankle and stomach, prioritizing the fight at hand. But even when he did, he then got punched on the top of his head. His head is thrown down as he coughs out a puddle of his saliva.

(Y/n) alternates arms and punches Mikey's face next. She repeats for the next time she anticipated to punch him, but she misses after he dodges, his head lifted back. She grits her teeth and tilts her body to the same direction that her opponent moves to. She goes in for yet another punch, only to have it deflected by one of Mikey's arms.

Mikey uses his free hand to close in and punch (Y/n) across the face. Instinctively, the girl raises a leg and kicks him away, right on the upper portion of his chest. He grunts lowly and remains standing. "Stop being so stubborn and just give up already! I could kill you if I wanted to!"

(Y/n) keeps her distance, her fists tucked in. "Yeah, well..." She exchanges a sinister grin. "I'd like to see you try."

Mikey hesitates. "Fine." He dashes forward and already reaches to (Y/n) in under a minute. At the right time, he bends his front leg to dig his elbow in the center of the girl's stomach. He exerts a force that sends her flying a good feet away, her body rolling upon the floor a few times.

(Y/n) sits up, and sees that Mikey was right in front of her, once again. And before she could even process her position, Mikey was raising a leg, ready to perform a kick on her head. Although it's last minute, (Y/n) grabs a hold of the leg that was close to harming her, by the ankle. She keeps her hold on the ankle and extends out the leg that was the opposite of Mikey's (standing) leg. She kicks over the remaining leg that was up, forcing her former commander to fall off his feet, quite literally.

Mikey's back is slammed against the floor. He could feel a sharp pain that went with the collision, but tries his hardest to not look fazed. He's alarmed by the presence of (Y/n)'s grip and weight, keeping him secured to the ground. He grits his teeth at the hands that hold his arms down and struggles underneath his opponent. "Let me go, damn it...!"

"I won't!" (Y/n) presses down her knees onto Mikey's thighs, making sure that he stays still and hears her out. "Not until we talk things out! I don't want to keep hurting you! This fight, it's pointless! You and I gain will gain NOTHING from this fight! This war! Don't you get it?"

Mikey manages to fight through on the tight grip, his body overthrowing (Y/n) in only a mere second; their position are now switched. "It may be pointless to you, but it's the only thing I have left! A place where I actually have dignity!" He secures his hold on (Y/n)'s wrists, planting the sole of his boot onto her thigh wound. He neglects the sound of the girl struggling and continues to make his point. "A place where I don't have to rely on you guys! Where I can feel okay with being myself! You will NEVER understand that! No matter how much you try!"