distraction, chapter 7.

"Huh?" Thoma looked at Ayato dumbfounded. 

"H-Ha...aha, wow...did I mishear you by any chance, Ayato? I think these, *cough*, days I'm hallucinating...you know. Probably because of the lack of sleep because I gotta keep up with the gang and all of tha--" Itto said before being interrupted by Ayato.

"No, you didn't mishear me, Itto. I am on a date with my housekeeper, Thoma." Ayato glared at Itto, making sure his point comes across clear as ever. 

Meanwhile, Thoma needed to find a way to calm down. His face was hot as ever, blush formed all across his face. His thoughts scrambled everywhere, mainly pertaining to the question: "Ayato, what are you doing this time!?" Thoma found this extremely embarrassing, considering he's saying this in front of a whole crowd---especially one of his friends, Itto.

Itto looked at Ayato in a daze, unable to comprehend the current situation. Overwhelmed with shock. All he could think is "When?" Not that he was disgusted in anyway, he was just at a loss considering how he could never date anyone with his type of mindset. But all Ayato could respond to Itto's shock is a simple glare and words of boldness. 

"Well! Uh...good for you two! I'm happy for you two. Yknow', pretty cool. Two of my closest bros together in a relationship, sick!" A stream of sweat streamed down Itto's pale face. 

"If that's the case, please excuse us. We'll be going on to continue our date." Ayato then took Thoma's wrist and then dashed away from the scene caused. 

Ayato held Thoma's wrist tightly, causing a red print to form on his skin. Thoma, currently being dragged along, staggered along the way. Trying to repress the strength Ayato carried. 

"M-My lord, please...stop. You're hurting my wrist." Thoma exclaimed. 

Ayato looked back to Thoma, snapping out of his current mood. He immediately let go, and assisted Thoma. His concern was vivid. 

"I-I'm terribly sorry. Please, forgive me, Thoma. I didn't mean it." Ayato waved his head away, unable to meet Thoma's eyes out of disappointment. 

"A-Ah, no! Please, don't apologize. It's okay, really!" Thoma smiled, trying to make Ayato happy again. 

Ayato looked back at him and sighed, then soon smiled while his eyes were still centered to the ground. "When we're out, Thoma, there's no need to be so kind. It's okay to get angry at me sometimes when I do something unjust, or harmful." 

"...I don't think I could do that, my lord." Ayato soon looked up at him in shock and disappointment. 

"Listen, even when we're out of business-related matters, it doesn't matter. I still have to treat you right. After all, you're both my employer and best friend. Don't be so harsh on yourself, okay?" Thoma said to reassure Ayato. 

Ayato's shock soon transitioned into light smile. "You're too kind, Thoma." 

"Haha, don't mention it! T-Though...what was that earlier? Why did you say we're dating?" 

Ayato flinched, then turned away from Thoma. Covering his face out of embarrassment. His face immensely flushed. Thoma chuckled as soon as he saw what he was doing. 

"It was just a way to get him away. After all, if I didn't say something related to that, he wouldn't leave us alone. After all, it's not my wish to hang out with others today. I just want to hang out with you." Ayato replied. 

Thoma's eyes widened. "Is that so..." He looked away; his smile as genuine as ever. The two sat under the sakura tree by the village in Inazuma. The petals lightly fell on the two of them. The sound of laughter from the children, the chatter the residents brought. It felt so peaceful. The sounds of pets, everything, really. It felt really like a day off for the two of them. 

Without the two realizing it, their feelings only grew bigger for each other. The more they spend more time together, the more they expand their friendship---the more it's harder to turn back. Not just for Ayato, but for Thoma. Once the day does come where one of them can't handle their feelings anymore, they will soon have to deal with their feelings front face.