preparation, chapter 18.

art/fanart - rui kamishiro (i made the fanart so uh...the credits would be myself/@kaiielol on twitter lmao i mainly post most of my art on twitter so)

Once the morning had arrived, Ayato woke up from the beams of light that hit his eyelids that peered from the window blinds. He slightly opened his eyes, his eyes being half lidded. His hand over his hand, and his other hand, or rather his arm, being under Thoma's head as Thoma slept soundly on his comfortable shoulder. 

Ayato blushes, taken back. Ayato being fully awake due to the sudden surprise. He wasn't aware they slept like this, he thought Thoma would've returned back to his bed by the end of their conversation last night. But he found it hard to complain. He felt Thoma's warmth engulf his entire arm. His head nuzzled right onto both the pillow and his shoulder.

He watches Thoma carefully, looking at the strands of hair that covered his eyes. His hair messy as ever. He smiles, thinking: "he sleeps so peacefully." This felt like the first time in ages that Ayato had a pleasant morning. He looks at the clock that hung on the white walls, the time being 6:30 AM. He sighs, they had around 2 hours until they had to go meet the couple at the cathedral.

Ayato carefully takes back his arm from under Thoma's head, deciding to get ready for the meeting. He sits on the edge of the bed, taking in the morning. Ayato gets up and moves to the dresser of which their tuxedos are stored. He slides open one of the compartments and takes out his tuxedo. He walks over to the bathroom, taking a shower first.

As the door clicked shut, Thoma slightly woke up from the noise. He looks up, wondering if Ayato was still there beside him. Only to find him missing from bed. He looks over to the time, seeing that it was 6:33 AM. He hears the shower turn on in the bathroom.

"Ayato must be getting ready for the meeting. I should get ready as well, I have to prepare breakfast for him anyways." Thoma thinks to himself.

Around 19 minutes later, Ayato leaves the bathroom with his suit on. Finding Thoma setting up food on the table that was placed by the balcony door area. Ayato smiles, "good morning, Thoma."

Thoma jumps, unaware Ayato had finished in the bathroom. Thoma turns around and smiles back. 

"Good morning my lord! I went ahead and got up and got some food from Good Hunter since there's no kitchen I could use to prepare you any food, so I hope this is okay." Thoma says.

"Ah, thank you, Thoma. Yes, this'll do fine." Ayato replies, reassuring him as he walked over to him.

"Well, I'm relieved! Go ahead and eat without me, I'm going to go get ready as well." Thoma smiles.

"Alright, I'll make you a plate for when you come out." Ayato says.

"Thanks a lot!" Thoma replies as he takes his folded tuxedo from the bed and walks over to the bathroom. 

After the two finally get ready for the day along with the meeting, they set out for the day, having 30 minutes to spare. 

a/n - this was kind of rushed since i dont really have any ideas for chapter 18 but i will try to make chapter 19 as best as i can :sob: