necklace, chapter 19

sauce/pic - mikoshiba/mikorin & kashima from monthly girls nozaki kun (manga)

"Hmm...it seems we have 30 minutes to spare." Ayato mentions as he stares at the clock hung on the wall of the hotel room.

Ayato and Thoma stood by the front door, making sure that they didn't leave anything behind. Thoma put his hand on his chin, thinking hard to remember anything essentials needed. Ayato looks over at Thoma, chuckling a bit at his expression. Thoma turns his head over to Ayato, "Hey, what are you laughing at?" Thoma said with a small smirk on his face.

"It's just that it's kind of funny to see such an expression on you. You're really trying hard to remember, just like an old person almost." Ayato laughs.

Thoma's cheeks turned flustered, embarrassed. "Ugh...you're always teasing me like this." He said, wearing an exasperated smile.

Ayato walks over to Thoma, looking at him dead in the face. Thoma flinches, wondering what his intentions are. Ayato moves his hand over to Thoma's glabella, moving Thoma's right eyebrow over to his right temple. 

"Don't wear the expression on a daily though, it'll cause wrinkles. Just like you told me." Ayato grins.

Thoma stares at Ayato dumbfounded. "Uh...okay. As you wish, my lord!" Thoma replies, returning the smile.

Ayato laughs even further, "it's hilarious to see you taking it so serious! It's cute almost!" Ayato says, wrapping his hands around his stomach.

Thoma crosses his arms, closing his eyes whilst gritting his teeth. Thoma always found it a bit annoying to be teased by Ayato, but he had to get used to it. 

"Haah..." Ayato wipes a tear from his eye, "you really are like an obedient dog."  Ayato mumbles from under his breath.

"Huh, what did you say my lord?" Thoma opens his eyes, unable to hear the last part of his sentence.

"Nothing," Ayato smirks, "let's get going now, shall we?" 

"H-Hey! We still haven't even checked if we're missing anything though!" Thoma yells.

Thoma sighs, "that Ayato." 

Thoma walks into the bedroom once again, checking through the tables and drawers to doublecheck as Ayato waited in the hallway by the elevator. Thoma looks over to the small box that was given to them by the couple. He walks over to the dresser of which the small box was located at and picks it up. He puts it in his pocket and walks out of the hotel room, locking the door behind him. 

"Find anything?" Ayato said while leaning against the pale walls. 

"Sure did!" Thoma replies as he walked over to Ayato. 

"Here, bow your head a little." Thoma grabbed the box from out of his breast pocket and opened the box, revealing the charming necklaces. 

Ayato obliges and bows his head as Thoma clips on the necklace. Thoma looks at him in awe, then beams at him. "You look really good, my lord! The necklace goes well with your tuxedo." 

Ayato looks up at Thoma, smiling lightly in return. "Thank you, Thoma."

"Here, give me the box now. Let me put the other necklace on you." Ayato states.

"Of course, my lord. Here you go." He puts the box in Ayato's hand. 

Ayato gets out the other necklace and lays it over his palm. "Please bow your head for a moment." Ayato requested. Thoma obediently nods in reply and lowers his head. Ayato unclips the necklace hook and wraps it around Thoma's neck. Ayato and Thoma both stare at the necklace hung around Thoma's neck down to his collarbone, and eventually both look up to each other. 

"You look charming, Thoma. It contrasts well with your tuxedo as well." Ayato comments. 

"I'm glad you think so, my lord!" Thoma replies.

"Now, let's really get going." He grins.

a/n - if you read this on the day its released, ik i literally posted a notice like a few hours ago but like shh....i found motivation to write ;) also yea..if u couldnt notice its like kind of a filler BUT HEY HEAR ME OUT ITS CUTE wedding happening on the major checkpoint chapter 20 baby wooo