misery, chapter 10.

sauce/photo - takane to hana, takane.

While the Traveler and Yoimiya were conversating details about the wedding, Thoma looked over to Ayato as he noticed that Ayato didn't seem to have spoken up after what he said. He noticed his complicated expression, and his purple eyes filled with confusion and contradiction. Thoma was in shock. He's never saw his lord like this. He's never seen such a bittersweet expression from Ayato. It's pitiful. Thoma reached over to Ayato, unsure of what his motives were. And soon patted Ayato soft, pale blue hair. 

Ayato snapped out of his daze and looked over to Thoma in surprise. Thoma's hand immediately freezes and retracts it as soon as he's brought back to reality. "Thoma, were you petting me?" Ayato smirked, teasing Thoma. 

"Agh, sorry. It's a habit for some reason...sorry, my lo...Ayato. You just seemed upset. I thought if I were to pat your head like I do with the kids that come see me whenever I travel alongside Yoimiya, you would feel better. Since they usually become cheery once again after I've patted them." Thoma explained, while also trying to save himself.

Ayato chuckled, "Haha, I see. It's a cute habit. I could see why the kids become happy afterwards. It seems like it does work after all, considering that I've cheered up." 

Thoma smiles, flattered as ever. "I'm glad that I could make you happy again. I like seeing you smile, Ayato. It always feels like a blessing from the archons themselves." 

Traveler coughs, trying to break up the awkward-romantic tension that suddenly formed between all of them. Thoma and Ayato flinched, apologizing soon afterwards. Traveler sighs, "If you're going to flirt, please do it afterwards. I hate to be a third wheel on occasions like these." 

"Third wheel? What's happening guys?" Yoimiya asked quizzically, after noting down the fireworks that could be used in the wedding. 

"Nothing, Yoimiya. They're just being good friends." The Traveler said, glaring at them.

Their glare signified, "I know you two are in love." Ayato found his to be humorous though, while Thoma was trying his best to keep himself in control. Thoma was freaking out. He thought, "Oh god, do they know? Wait, no, I don't even like him! This was out of kindness!"

"Anyways, besides that. I'll discuss the details again about the wedding with you, Thoma, since you have seemed to have been busy." They disappointingly exclaimed. Thoma and Ayato both nodded.

As they were educated on the credentials for the wedding plan, Ayato was planning a way to send some sort of support to the wedding a form of support. Once the Traveler and Thoma were done discussing the details, Ayato suddenly said something. 

"Traveler, could I send my sister for assistance on my behalf?"