meeting, chapter 16.

photo - kaedahara kazuha, genshin impact (can you tell the shortage of photos im having :joy:)

a/n - im going a bit off canon at some portions, so if you notice anything out of canon with character traits, please dont mind those...

As they opened the cathedral's door, they were met with a vast church that harbored beautiful scenery. The warm beams of light coming down amongst the church from the stained, glass window. Giving the cathedral such a cozy feeling. The sound of the chatter of those who attended, and those who were giving their prayers in their seats. It was truly a happy place to be in that moment. Thoma smiles as he feels the nostalgia radiating from the atmosphere. Meanwhile, Ayato was amazed by such a foreign, breathtaking scenery. 

"Wow...I've forgotten about the cathedral. I remember hearing the church bells ringing almost daily - it always felt like a reminder of; 'wow, I really am in Mondstadt.'" Thoma reminisces whilst giggling.

"It must've felt nice when you heard it for the first time in years." Ayato adds.

"Haha, well it definitely feels refreshing, but it seems a lot of things have changed since then. If we could, my lord, could we visit Dawn Winery after the wedding tomorrow? I'm interested in seeing the place. It's always been a goal of mine." 

"O-Of course if you agree to it; I wouldn't want to go against what my lord wishes." Thoma requested.

"As you wish, I wouldn't mind at all." Ayato smiles reassuringly.

"Thank you, my lord! I'll be sure to cherish our time there!" Thoma enthusiastically states.

As Ayato and Thoma were chatting on, the couple that was holding the wedding came up to the two. They both turned their heads as soon as they heard footsteps. The two bow to the couple. Ayato speaks up and says "Hello, we're the two bodyguards for the wedding that is set for tomorrow. "

"Ah, I had a feeling it was you two! Thank you so much for coming such a long way! My name is Ms. Bray, and this is my fiancé, Mr. Grey." Ms. Bray said.

Thoma and Ayato stand back up and shake their hands. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Grey and Ms. Bray." Thoma says.

"The pleasure is ours!" Mr. Grey says with a warm smile.

"As promised in the letter I sent, I have the gift! Here it is." Ms. Bray exclaimed as she took out a gift box from her pocket and hands it over to Ayato. 

"We made sure to include the two of you, so there's another copy." Ms. Bray added.

Ayato tugs the ribbon, making the ribbon fall to the floor. He opens the small boxes flaps only to be met with two pieces of jewelry. The necklaces were cuddled up in soft, thick, furry layer so that it wouldn't move around and get damaged. The diamond sparkling, making it the most eye-catching thing of the entire necklace. Thoma looked in amazement at the necklaces. 

"Thank you so much for your hospitality, Ms. Bray and Ms. Grey." Ayato bowed, thankful as ever.

"Yes, thank you so much!" Thoma bows along with Ayato.

"Hehe, well, I'm glad the two of you like it. Don't worry about the compensation, the compensation was you guys coming such a long way already." Ms. Bray said.

Thoma and Ayato get up from bowing and Ayato closes the box. "Alright, since it's 8:00 PM, you two should get rest. There should be a hotel waiting for you, here's a map, I made sure to circle the hotel you two should be staying at tonight." Mr. Grey says. 

"Alright, we'll get going now then. Thank you, Mr. Grey and Ms. Bray once again for your kind gifts. We'll see you two at the cathedral tommorow, correct?" Ayato asks.

"Yes, that's right. We look forward to working with you!" Ms. Bray warmly says. 

"Goodnight!" Thoma says as Ayato and Thoma leave the cathedral. 

As they leave the cathedral, they make their way to their hotel while following the map. Thoma had help guide Ayato since he isn't very good with directions. The two of them finally found their hotel and checked in. 

They go to the 3rd floor of the hotel and Thoma unlocks their hotel door with the keycard they were given by the front desk. Thoma lunges himself onto one of the soft, white bed. 

"Haaaaaah, I'm so tired." Thoma exclaims exhaustedly.

"Haha, well, it was a pretty long day. Get some rest." Ayato says while taking off his white coat. 

"Alright, let me help you getting settled in first though, my lord." Thoma says. 

"No need, you're tired, aren't you? Sleep, it's alright." Ayato smiles, while hanging his white jacket on the coat hanger.

"...Alright. Thank you." Thoma said.

A couple minutes later, Thoma was already knocked out. Ayato chuckles at the sight of his housekeeper sleeping like a baby, cuddling up in the white blankets. Ayato turns off the light for Thoma, then goes onto the balcony to get some fresh air since the air in the room was a bit stuffy.

Ayato breathes in the refreshing, cold, Mondstadt air. He looks up, seeing the beautiful starry sky filled with constellations. Ayato sighs and leans on his arm. The sound of the fountain made the night. "Another day awaits us, doesn't it, Thoma." He looks back to the open sliding door, seeing Thoma sleep peacefully. 

"I believe lately I'm getting too offtrack, aren't I? These silly little feelings and thoughts I'm having towards you are inappropriate. I'm truly sorry, Thoma." Ayato looks down to the ground floor where the garden was, seeing abundant of flowers scattered everywhere.

"And I'm sorry to you especially, mother and father. Along with the Kamisato Clan. I need to be better. Not just for myself, but for everyone. It's the only thing I could do." Ayato said, dejected and confused. 

"I need to learn my priorities."