unexpected, chapter 14.

sauce/photo - heizou, genshin impact (HOLY SHIT HIS HANGOUT MADE ME 😍😍😍😍)

"..." Ayaka stared at them, shocked. 

"My lady! I-I was just simply fixing his suit, there was portions of his suit of which were crumpled, so as his loyal housekeeper, I went ahead and fixed it." Thoma panic strickenly said while a stream of sweat went down his cheek. 

"Y-Yes." Ayato said, coughing to break the tension from the scene.

"Oh, my apologies. I thought I interrupted the two of you having an intimate moment. Please mind my abrupt appearance." Ayaka bowed in apology. 

"No worries, Ayaka, but me and Thoma are in no way in a romantic relationship in anyway. I apologize if we gave you the wrong idea." Ayato rubbed his head in embarrassment.

"Wait, you guys weren't in a relationship?" Ayaka said aloud, dumbfounded. 

Ayato and Thoma turned flushed, "did it really seem that way?!" Thoma and Ayato simultaneously. 

"W-Well...you two often flirt with each other, and I just assumed you two were dating." Ayaka blushed in embarrassment. 

Ayato and Thoma turned pale in shock. "How embarrassing!" The two could only think. Ayaka looked over to them, finding how surprise the two were to hear the news. 

"I-I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" Ayaka apologized profusely. She couldn't help but feel bad. 

"N-No... it's fine. It's just embarrassing to come off like this to others, we wouldn't want to confuse others into thinking that we're dating as well." Ayato responded, then muttered "Well except Itto, hopefully that blockhead won't go around town loudly telling others about me and him dating even though I used that as an excuse." 

"Oh yes! That would be a problem, wouldn't it? Especially for the people to find out...but what did you say last, brother?" Ayaka asked.

"Nothing, just ignore Itto for me, won't you?" Ayato smiled. 

Thoma chuckled, knowing as to why he was saying for her to ignore him. 

"Well, my lady, what brings you here?" Thoma asked Ayaka.

"Oh! Right, I was going to say bye to the two of you before you two leave to Mondstadt." Ayaka replied. 

"I brought these two bracelets that help you two find your way to each other if you guys every get lost." Ayaka said while bringing out a box then opening it, revealing two beautiful golden bracelets inlaid with some foreign devices.

"Thank you, my lady! You're too kind: I'll be sure to return these as soon as we get back." Thoma exclaimed. 

"No need, they were meant for you two to keep after all!" Ayaka smiled brightly. 

"Thank you, Ayaka. This means a lot. But may you explain how these bracelets work?" Ayato asked.

"Oh, right! So how they work they reveal a small map showing where the corresponding person you're matching with the bracelet with is. There will be a small beeping noise, the louder the noise, the closer you are to them." Ayaka explained. 

"Wow, that's so handy! These must've been expensive." Thoma said.

"Hehe, it was forged by a sumeru researcher and scholar from their academy! It was said to be an experiment by the seller I bought it from." Ayaka added.

"That's amazing, thank you again, my lady!" Thoma said happily. 

"Yes, thank you. I'm sure this will make its use soon, I'll be sure to repay you, Ayaka." Ayato said.

"Please, no need to repay me or anything! I just want for you two to be safe on your travels, that's all." Ayaka said.

"Well, if that all, I'll be going! Please have a safe trip to Mondstadt. I'll be awaiting your return. Farewell!" Ayaka stated while leaving.

Ayato sighed in relief, happy as to at least not have his own sister get the wrong idea from the two of them. He couldn't afford to have such a scene break out, especially his own sister thinking that. He looked over to Thoma and saw him admiring the bracelets given to him. Ayato smiled, "I'm glad you're happy, Thoma." He thought. 

"Well, should we get going? The ship should be here any moment, we mustn't waste any time or else we might be late." Ayato said.

"Ah, yes! I'll help with some of your luggage my lord!" Thoma said, while closing the box and setting it down at one of the nearby tables. 

"Haha, thank you, Thoma." Ayato replied. 

As Thoma and Ayato finally checked their bags, making sure they didn't miss anything, they left the estate and set sail to Mondstadt.