confession, chapter 22

media - brightwin/bright vachirawit & win metawin (you know i wonder why my photos have nothing to do with the story OR fandom that i'm writing about)

A/N: yes, ayatos eyes are light purple i checked when i first wrote the description of this fic blue or purple idc u can make them wtv u want

"I love you, Thoma." Ayato stared into Thoma's eyes with a specific glint in his eyes that showed his true sincerity towards his sudden confession towards him.

The night sky was clear, the clouds barely visible. The stars aligning in a distinct way, making it almost heavenly to look at. As if this night was a blessing itself. The sound of the fountain softly pouring, along with the small chatter of the inhabitants of Mondstadt. The birds softly cooing in the night, along with the sound of plates and utensils clattering against one another. The fragrance of new fabric filling the cold, spring air. 

"Huh? Oh well..." Thoma said, his eyes pinned directly down to the bedsheet.

The moon peered its way through the window blinds, making beams of light appear as lines. Thoma lightly dug his clipped nails into his skin---struggling how to define Ayatos meaning of "I love you". Once Thoma reached a conclusion, he took a big deep breath and replied to his statement and looked him back in the eye.

"I love you too, my lord?" Thoma replied awkwardly, immediately averting his gaze once again.

Ayato laughed, he knew Thoma didn't get the memo. He fell back onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. "You know, I'm glad you don't get it, Thoma." Ayato said with his eyes closed, somewhat finding relief from this odd situation.

"W-Wait! Still...I want to know what you meant by that. Please elaborate my lord..." Thoma bowed his head while looking over to the drawer while still facing him. 

Ayato grinned, then soon ruffled his hair. "Hey! What was that for!" Thoma yelped. 

"You make me feel bad." Ayato said.

"I didn't mean to make you feel that way, I just really want to know. Please?" 

"...Can't you already make the assumption?" Ayato said, his eyes drifting towards his hands. 

"Well I didn't want to make an embarrassing assumption, plus---"

"Fine, I'll make it clear to you, Thoma." Ayato replied. 

"Wait, huh?" 

Ayato held Thomas hands and leaned into his face and looked him right in eye. 

"I love you, Thoma."

"And for that, you, Thoma, are my most important priority." Stated Ayato, the sincerity blazing in his discerning light purple eyes. 

Thomas face turned flushed immediately, causing him to fall back and retract his hand. He soon covered his face with his palm with his heart was pounding out of his chest, along with being unsure of what to say. All the moments leading up to this, his unidentified feelings towards Ayato, the mystery of what they were; were all catching up to him in this moment. 

Ayato smiled, then sighed. He crawled on top of Thoma and grabbed hand to reveal his face again. "Thoma, look at me." 

"My lord..." Thoma replied with a shaky voice, struggling to meet his gaze due to his embarrassment of the situation at hand. 

"Look at me." Ayato said in a stern voice. 

Thoma slowly drifted his eyes to meet Ayato. Strands of Ayatos hair falling towards Thoma who was pinned flat to the bed with his hands being in possession of Ayato himself. His hands slowly moved to Thomas wrists to make it easier on the two, gliding his palms down all the way. 

"Tell me, Thoma, how do you feel in this moment despite the feeling of embarrassment? Do you feel anything with the locked on eye contact we're currently having? Enlighten me." Ayato stated with a serious expression, making sure it gets across to him to communicate with words.

"I..." Thoma said with a blank expression while still maintaining eye contact with him.

Thomas eyes soon drifted over to Ayatos prune lips. The way they always looked soft and perfect. Ayato soon caught notice of the fact that Thoma got distracted. 

"Hey, are you even-" 

Thoma soon grabbed Ayatos face (not aggressively), and soon pressed his lips against his. Ayatos eyes widened from Thomas sudden boldness, and soon pulled back out of shock. 

"T-Thoma! Wh...What was that?" 

Thoma soon snapped back to reality, and realized his actions. "My lord! I-I'm sorry...I really am sorry. I-I have to go pick up some things from the market....I'll be back!"

Thoma soon stood up, and attempted to run away, but Ayato managed to grab his arm in time. 

"Was that your answer?" Ayato asked while shadowing behind Thoma. 

"..." Thoma gritted his teeth. He didn't want to ruin his relationship with his employer, especially since they've been good friends for so many years. He wasn't sure what would happen if the day ever comes that they ever have to split up.

But still, isn't it okay to be selfish at times? He couldn't bear it anymore.

"Ayato, I love you so much."