hug, chapter 17

sauce/photo - sasaki to miyano, miyano (ily miyano)

Thomas eyes slightly opened, awakened due to a fatal noise coming from the balcony of the hotel room. He sits up, noticing Ayato slumped over the railing, resting his head on the palm of his hand. Seeing his eyes glistening from the twinkling stars despite them being filled with disturbance. Thoma stares at him, concerned. He was wondering if he should go into the balcony and comfort him, but he suddenly heard Ayato talk.

"I believe lately I'm getting too offtrack, aren't I? These silly little feelings and thoughts I'm having towards you are inappropriate. I'm truly sorry, Thoma."

"I need to learn my priorities." 

Thoma looks at him, confused as ever. Thinking "what do you mean?" was the only thing that could come to mind after hearing this. Though his heart wanted him to go comfort him, his mind led him to think otherwise. He just couldn't build the courage to do so. After all, Ayato did believe he was sleeping. He didn't want Ayato to think that he was intruding on his personal time to help relieve the stress that's been building these following days. 

Thoma grits his teeth, lying back down and turning the opposite direction from Ayato. Thoma grabs the blanket that was already laid on his legs and draped it over himself once again. He tightly grips the edge of the blanket, upset that he couldn't do anything in the little power he harbored in this situation.

As Ayato finally finishes clearing his head, he heads back to bed, sleeping on the other bed that's distanced from Thomas. Ayato sighs as he lies down, resting his hand on his forehead. Despite taking a breather, his thoughts are still as messy as ever. Ayato closes his eyes, hoping that the result of doing so that he'd fall asleep. 

Thoma turns over to Ayatos side of the room, looking at him sleep in discomfort. Thoma looks at him in pain, he truly did want to help him. Thoma suddenly gets up, deciding he's going to do something. He walks over to Ayato and getting in bed with him. Ayato opens his eyes, surprised to be met with his housekeeper getting in the same bed as him.

Ayato gently grins, "oh, are you implying that you want me to do something?" Ayato teases.

Thoma scoffs, "obviously not." He replies, his cheeks faintly pink.

"I just...noticed you seemed distressed due to how you were positioned in bed." Thoma says.

Ayato looks at him in surprise, wondering if he overheard him. "I guess it's insomnia. After all, from what you know, you are aware that I am the prime example of a sleepless person." Ayato jokes, smiling afterwards.

"But really, I'm fine. Don't worry about me Thoma, just get some rest. We have a big day ahead of us." Ayato adds.

"Are you sure?" Thoma says with worry inlaid in his sentence, "I want you to sleep as well. You know we've all been worried about your health." 

"Yes, Thoma. I'm okay. Please, just get some rest. I'll be okay." Ayato replies.

"...Alright. Please let me know if anything is wrong though." Thoma says. "I really care about you, along with everyone at the estate." 

Thoma tightly hugs Ayato as Ayatos eyes widened in surprise from the sudden hug. Ayato smiles, laying his hand onto his blonde hair. Ayato puts his head over Thoma's, finally feeling a relief of stress for at least a bit. 

As the once solemn night went on, it soon turned into a night filled with happiness and comfort. Ayato tightly hugs back, holding onto his back. He's never felt this comforted since his mother last hugged him. The crickets chirped on as the wind picked up. The relaxing sound of the fountain soothed the disturbed night. 

"I'm always here for you, Ayato. It's okay to cry." Thoma gently whispers to him.

Ayato gets taken by surprise, shocked by his words. Being reminded of his mother. He grips Thoma tighter, repressing his tears after hearing those two sentences once again. He missed the warmth his mother gave whenever Ayato simply couldn't take it anymore. His mother was the only thing that really kept him together during that time. Though after the passing of his mother happened, trying his best to stay strong for his little sister, it stung as much as it affected Ayaka during that time. It was like being told that he doesn't need to be strong anymore. It's going to be okay. That's what he truly needed.

After Ayato successfully represses his tears, Ayato chuckles softly, "you're treating me like how my mother used to when I was younger." 

"Maybe that's what I was going for." Thoma jokes.

It truly was a day off.