Chapter 5

SORA'S POV

It's been almost a month since we're dating. It feels great, feels like somewhere you belong. Honestly, it's a wonderful feeling. I was at the hospital, when my phone beeped.

6:30 P.M.

Hyun 😇

Hyun 😇:
Hey? You free rn?

Me:
Have a surgery in 30 mins.
Why?

Hyun 😇:
I am at the cafeteria.
Can you meet me?

Me:
Ofcourse dude.
But we gotta hurry, okay?

Hyun 😇:
Ofc.

My mouth itself sported a smile as I kept the phone in my lab coat, almost dancing to the cafeteria. He was sitting by the window, immersed in his thoughts. The mild breeze made his hair move swiftly setting my heart a thump.

I think, it won't take long before I fall in love with him. Maybe, I have already started loving him. I tip toed quietly upto his back and tapped on his left shoulder, quickly backed off and leaned down to his right one. As he looked at me, I smiled broadly.

He forced a smile, making me nervous. I sat infront of him.

"Anything troubling you?"

"Um... I don't know how to say it Sora. I really really liked you. It felt really as if we were meant to be. But..."

I gulped, "But...?"

He motioned his hand towards me, tilted it, on his wrist the alphabets inked - P. Y. J.

"I didn't knew I had a mark. It was at the back of my thigh. She... She was a physiotherapist. I just went because my muscles felt strained. I swear I didn't know. I didn't play you, Sora. You are genuinely-"

"It's okay bro. Congratulations on finding your soulmate," I smiled and he let out a breath of relief.

"Th- Thanks. I hope you'll find someone too. We can still be friends?"

"Sure," I smiled again, "Oh it's only 15 minutes. I have my surgery. See you around?"

He smiled and nodded.

I stood up and turned back, finally breathing. Shit, shit, shit, it hurts. Shit, it hurts. Damn.

I walked at a speed towards the washroom. I washed my face and blew out a breath. Watching my reflection in mirror, I smiled again, witnessing how fake it seemed. I bit my lower lip to contain my grief when my watch beeped.

Five minutes to my surgery.

Somehow composing myself, I walked out to the O.T.

"Hey Sora, you fine? You look pale?" Yeji, one of my colleagues asked.

"Yeah ofcourse, what can happen to a woman like me, duh!" I joked and she laughed as we were then consumed in a by-pass surgery.

After a few hours of an exhaustive surgery that was fortunately successful, I discarded the used gloves and coat.

"Hey Sora, wanna go out tonight. We can have drinks?" Yeji asked.

I don't drink with colleagues. I don't drink with anyone. I like drinking alone. Maybe today.

"Ahh... Not today. It's been late already. I have to go home."

"Oh, someone waiting, huh?" She smirked

I wish.

I smirked back, "Maybe." Laughing, I stretched myself and went off to change.

It was already dark when I was walking down the street. I like walking my way, reason that I don't take my car.

"Oh Yoongi!" I smiled wide, taking up the baby kitten in my arms. Yeah, I named it Yoongi, his left eye was black too. The kitten mewled and I snorted.

I took it to the convience store, buying a packet of milk and pouring it in a dish I found nearby. I petted it gently, "You like it, yeah?"

It mewled again. It was so endearing. I sighed and walked ahead again, on my way but tripped on a can. The day couldn't be worse!

"That piece of fuck-" I cursed under my breath, turning back to pick up the beer can.

"Who the fuck throws a can on street?!" I angrily grunted but my anger faded on looking at the can. It's sticker can get me free black-bean noodles. Wohoo.

But I don't like black bean noodles. Shit.

Oh Yoongi likes it. Wohoo.

I peeled off the sticker and skedaddled back to the convience store. And actually it, I got the free noodles. Got one chicken ramyeon for me too. Free food, not that of a bad day maybe. I saw a toy saxophone and an evil smile crept my face on buying it there and then.

I smiled on my way back and sneaked into the lawn of Boongs. I used the tap water to wet the mud and splayed it with my feet, I giggled on the thought of his irritated face. I'll just hand him the noodles in the instant or he'll chop me off.

"Yoongi!" I called out and quickly hid behind the potted plant.

The door opened, revealing the already-frustrated kitty.

"Why the fuck-" I blew in the saxophone in the right moment.

"AAA..." He yelled, stumbling back right into the puddle. I laughed so hard watching how the plan was a perfect execution.

"JUST SHUT THE HELL UP DAMMIT!" He yelled but to me, no avail.

"Aww little-"

"I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP!" He yelled again, getting on his feet.

Oops?!

"Just a joke-"

"You think this is a joke?" He questioned sarcastically.

Welp. Run.

"You know what? This is not a joke! This is intrusion in someone's personal space. Who do you think gave you the right to do so?"

"No one," I shrugged, "I decide my own boundaries. We're friends-"

"No we are the hell not! I am not your friend! You are not my anything! You are just unluckily my neighbour who isn't even allowing me to enjoy my fucking holidays. You are a dread for me. Why don't you just get that straight that I loathe your presence around me or anyone who is related to me! You... You are a damned no one to me. Stop being around me for real!"

"Oh damn! You are a fucker for real," I spoke in shock. Maybe he is angry, not knowing what he is speaking right now?

"Ahh," he scoffed bitterly, "This is the reason why you don't have any soulmate. Because a woman like you doesn't deserve to have a soulmate-"

"Yoongi stop. You're exceeding limits."

"And what's that you do all the time. Should I go ahead and say that I decide my own limits? You don't deserve to be loved. Oh yeah, how unlucky for a person to be stuck with a snitch ass like you!"

My heart lurched at the feeling. Whatever he said... Is not true. It's not true. It just cannot be true. But why does it feel like the truth? My eyes watered, though I managed to tuck in my tears and my grip faltered on the pack of noddles I was holding.

"Yoongi... You... Are speaking way too much," I gulped, looking away.

"Why? Now you understand what it is intruding in someone's personal space?"

"I'm sorry," I whispered in a haste and rushed back to my house.

•••