Chapter 24

SORA'S POV

I wanted it, I wanted his warmth that was englufing me like fire engulfs a forest. But a violent scream within my being urged me to pull away. I tried to, but he was holding me so tightly.

"I love you, Sora. I cannot live without you. You said you'll tattoo your initials and get that fucking ink off through a plasic surgery. Get it for me. Do it. I don't fucking care," he spoke.

"No," I pushed him finally accumulating the guts. "No you cannot Yoongi-"

"Don't you love me? Oh please don't lie to yourself. I can see love pouring out of your eyes when you look at me and that sets my own heart ablaze." His voice was gruff and he was speaking loudly, defying the cackle of raindrops hitting our bodies.

I cannot make out his features, just his black silhouette due to the power cut and dark clouds but his eyes were shining.

"I love you, but we cannot Yoongi. I... I am not your soulmate-"

"You are. If I say so. You deserve all the love that the world has and if I have the capability to give that to you, I don't care about the black in my being."

I gulped. Oh how much I wanted to forget all this and hug him again. Kiss him on his lips and feel his skin against mine. Feel this love with every fibre of my being. But... This would be selfish.

"No. Just understand and go back Yoongi. We are not made for each other-" abruptly, his fingers contacted my chin and lifted my face a little to connect his lips with mine.

My eyes widened at the sudden movement and my already racing heart leaped violently. His lips moved upon mine, and I could feel the warmth of his mouth over my cold lips. My conscience just held me from responding to it.

He stoped and parted only inches away, our noses were still brushing against each other.

"I see. You don't really..." he sighed, "I give you ten seconds. If you can resist me and turn back."

He stood up and backed off a few steps, "Ten."

"That's childish Yoongi," I protested, still sitting down.

"Nine."

"Stop it."

"Eight."

"You're just hurting yourself." I stood up.

"Seven."

"We're not meant to be. Why don't-"

"Six."

I turned back and started moving towards the staircase.

"Five."

My heart was revolting against each step I took but I have to. I cannot let him die!

"Four."

I glanced at his silhouette once again.

"Three."

"Yoongi stop this."

"Two."

No Sora, you cannot. You just cannot.

"One," he breathed and turned back to walk up to the wall but before he could, I held his hand to turn him around and placed my lips upon his.

There's this wild intoxicity in his being, something like weed... but far more contagious and far more dangerous but it was irresistible. His hand snaked my waist pushing me into his chest while I wrapped mine around his neck.

We parted only to breathe. I panted, "I am a second late. Does that work?"

"I was willing to wait for you forever."

My lips itself formed a happy smile though my conscience was cursing me on the outside. "It's true, I cannot resist you Boongs, but I still want you to leave me. To go and find your soulmate. Go, find a woman who gives you a life other than just love."

"I don't want a life without you," he whispered.

I sighed, "That can even kill me. What if the fate is twisted and only I die. You will have to live alone then."

He looked away, his hands still on my waist. I cupped his face to make his eyes meet mine. It was the only feature I could make out in the dark because it was glistening brightly.

I pecked his lips. "Boongs, what will you do then."

"Please," he whimpered. "Please don't die before me."

"I cannot control that," I responded. "And do you think that I'll be able to live if you die?"
This head slumped down on my shoulder and I could hear his faint sobbing. I motioned my hand down his back, "I know, I know it's harsh. But that's why it's life. I... I-" I stuttered as tears made my throat heavier than ever and he hugged me tighter.

"Can I... can I kiss you, one last time?" he asked and I nodded. He cupped my face and another whimper escaped his mouth, "Why do I have a mark? Why am I inked? Why do soulmates exist when you and me cannot. We could have been a great us."

I smiled sadly, "We could have been a wonderful us."

He kissed me, his lips trembling, knowing that maybe the next time we meet he'll be having a woman who has his intials on her wrist. Maybe the next time our eyes meet, his would be restricted to glance at me with the love he has in his heart. Maybe the next time never comes.

I tried embracing his trembling lips, fondling them, trying to fix them with my warmth but I was drained. Any energy that once lightened my soul was driven out by the wave of reality. I sighed against lips and he he rested his forehead against mine.

"I love you. I fucking love you Moon Sora. Whatever letters there will be on my wrist, yours will be forever in my heart."

"I don't know whats on mine. Whether it be M.Y.G. for Min Yoon Gi or it would be B.E.K. for Black eyed kitty?"

He snorted, I felt his laughter over my body, it just warmed me up in this cold weather. "You jerkass," he cursed and I chuckled.

"Now go! And sleep, kitty! What if you ask me for compensation of your flight charges," I mocked and he scoffed.

"I am not a miser, you know?"

"Ya sure. Go!" He embraced me tightly. "I don't want to. I want to stay with you."

"No. You have to go. I'll see you off tomorrow."

"Promise? You won't run away, right?" He questioned and I nodded. Seems like he got the movement of my head so he left, leaving me back.

I trudged down with a heavy heart. I was feeling exhausted and drained. I crashed on the bed with my drenched form, over the blankets itself. Not caring anymore, I just drifted to sleep.

•••