Chapter 7

I stood near the window, sipping on my juice. The sun was setting and the sky was dancing in pastel colors of yellow and pink. Though, that was not my concern. I was waiting for her to come back so I could just apologise. It's eating me up now.

Her swollen eyes and dejected face are as if imprinted in my brain. Her dolorous voice ringing my ears and her pained smile caused an unbearable weight on my chest. Even though she said that it's not because of me... I know it's a lie.

And there she was- not skipping steps. Why was she being so desolate over something I had said? Why weren't her headphones on? Why was she not smiling like always?

She stopped midway and waved at a woman who was standing accross the street. Her face lightening up with a powerful smile and now she was again the Moon Sora I know.

The woman kept the bags she was carrying on the footpath and waved back at her with a delighted smile. Sora gestured her something to which she nodded.

I wonder what she was saying.

She ran upto her house, carelessly leaving the huge backpack on her doorstep and rushed towards the woman. She lifted up her bags and they started conversing about something while walking afar.

She intended on helping her. The lady seemed quite complacent with Sora, seems like they are an acquaintance.

My gaze fixated at the bag she left at her doorstep.

What if.... I play a prank and she yells at me? That would suffice the need! It would become equal.

I grabbed a pair of scissors from my desk and paced downstairs. Sneaking into her lawn, I kneeled down to voluntarily cut the bag straps.

Even though, this was to get an earful from her side, the exhilaration I felt on imagining her frustrated face was immense.

I was almost done when someone patted my shoulder. I turned back and a frog jumped straight onto my face. I yelled in fear, falling on my butt. I couldn't move, that thing was on my face. My face muscles were stiff and my entire body was trembling.

Sora laughed, "Oh that was good."

"Remove it," I let out.

"Magic words Boongs," she added, blowing on her nails in mockery.

"Pl- please. Remove it. Please Sora," I added. The frog jumped from my face to my hand and I yelled even more.

She laughed and damn! She picked up that freaking animal in both of her hands delicately and left it out.

"That's... That's gross!" I blubbered.

"Why? Oh yeah. I touched a kitty's paws, I must sanitize my hands," she mocked while I was still on the dirt packed ground, struck.

She came up to the door, pulling up the bag that fell down instantly owing to the broken strap.

My turn to laugh.

"Aww little jerkass," I smirked, standing back up and dusting my trousers.

"What the-" she let out and opened the bag, pulling out numerous bags that were slightly wet. They were all food. So much food.

"Shit!" She frowned, "That was the most expensive wine I had ever bought."

Yes. Now yell at me! Tell me that I am dumb! That I am a fucker! Tell me!

"At least help me take all this inside," she added with a slight pout and looked up at me.

An unexplained warmth travelled up my ears when she gave me that look. I didn't knew how to react so I deliberately tried to pull another paper bag out of the the big bag but she held my hand from doing so.

I could feel heat travel all over now. She was holding my hand! Fuck, what's up with my heartbeat?

"Are you crazy? That thing has glass pieces, you can be pierced. Oh yeah! You don't have a brain!" She grunted and somehow, I didn't revolt, just watched her pulling each packet out carefully.

She picked up a few- maybe a ten and still many were on the floor.

"I'll take these. You bring the rest," she ordered.

"Why would I?"

"Want me to bring that frog back again, kitty?" She smirked and the not so welcome experience seeped back into my brain. I won't want that again for sure.

I picked up the remaining bags and followed her inside, leaving the drenched broken bag on the entrance. Her house was pretty much the same as it was when we were kids. The same smell of lavender, the same white walls with modern art paintings.

I kept the bags on the dining table and looked around for a few seconds when she literally pushed me.

"What the fuck?" I grunted.

"Out," she said, pointing at the door.

"Is this how you treat someone who help-"

"Out," she added, pushing me again. What kind of humiliation is this?

She literally pushed me my way out and smiled once before closing the door at my face.

"ITS NOT THAT I WANT TO SEE YOUR DUMB FACE, JERKASS!" I yelled and turned back only to see an old man giving me a judgemental look. I smiled awkwardly. "She... She's my neighbour, haha," I said in a haste, running back to my house.

"Oh Yoongi, where were you?" My mom questioned.

"Just here and there. I have to meet some old friends, will be going now," I said. I just want to run away far! Did I just got thwarted out by a dumbass?! That too, Moon Sora?!

"Okay but return soon, we have to-"

"Yeah yeah," I picked up the car keys and rushed out only once before washing my face and hands that was the frog's loving dwelling a few minutes ago.

•••