#9

"Do you still love her?" You asked growing anxious with each passing second.

"What do you think?" He asked.

"I don't know." You muttered.

"I do and I will always love her." He said obnoxiously and your heart dropped to your stomach.

"Any further questions?" He asked mockingly.

You didn't reply and got off his lap. You left the bed silently. This is cheating! How could he do that?

"If he loves her, then why the fuck did he even marry me? I'd have given him whatever precious thing I have! Why did he have to ruin my life this way? Just why! Leave him, why do I feel bad for myself? It's not like I loved him!" You said to yourself while kicking the water in the bathtub.

"Did I develop feelings for him? Isn't it too early? How could I like someone who's just so mean to me! Oh c'mon Y/n!" You slapped yourself.

"Enough of your tortures to your cheeks. Now get out of the bathroom. I need to shower." He yelled from outside.

"What is this? Did he hear everything? Why can't this snake let me live peacefully?" You scoffed and got out of the bathroom.

He stared at you and you didn't even glance at him. Like obviously! You were genuinely hurt! How could he be so mean to his wife?

TIME SKIP

"Pack your bags. We're going back to Seoul tomorrow. We have a flight at 7 pm." He said munching on the dinner with a pout.

"Ok then, I'll see you tomorrow morning." You said and walked to the closet.

"Wait, where are you going?" He asked in concern.

"I'll be at my friend's place." You replied and came out wearing baggy jeans and a cardigan.

"You met her only once and you're friends with her already?" He asked.

"Some people make you feel home even at your first meet up while some people always make you feel miserable even after spending loads of time together." You said sarcastically.

"Wait! Who permitted you to leave?" His jaws clenched and his voice sharpened.

"I'm not your servant." You retorted with reddened eyes.

He walked to your figure and adjusted your cardigan which revealed a bit of your cleavage.

"I don't like others to see what's mine." He said and you jerked off his hands.

"I'm not yours. I'm never gonna be." You said staring right into his eyes.

"And who said so?" He asked placing a peck on your cheeks.

"Because I'm not Kang Ha Ri." You shouted in annoyance and he froze.

"What did you just say?" He asked not believing his ears.

"Kang Ha Ri. I'm not Kang Ha Ri! I look like her, that's why you married me. Isn't it?" You asked with fresh tears forming in your eyes.

"How dare you take her name with your filthy mouth!" He growled at your face jerking your body hastily.

"I'm not filthy. You're! You lied to me! You married me because I look like her. You lied that I have something precious of yours! You're a liar!" You burst out suddenly making him stop with his actions.

"You are using me! I hate you! You put my life in danger because of what monster you are!" You shouted with tears rolling down your rosy cheeks.

"C-Cheater? Shut up Y/n! I fucking saved you! I've been protecting you since the very beginning!" He yelled and you flinched.

He freaked out and you were in utter shock over his words.

"Don't lie again." You mumbled.

"I'm not lying. Why would I? Your aunt is not what you think she is. She's not a normal human. She is a man-eater! She eats human souls to stay young and become immortal. How come you never see that she looks the same since your childhood. Do you have buttons instead of eyes?" He said madly.

"Why'd she raise me then? She could have killed me back then." You fought.

"Are you a toddler? I told you've something precious. You're not a normal person. You're blessed with something special. You've my Ha Ri's heart! That's why you didn't die even in the major car accident." He spitted it all and you squatted down on your knees.

"I loved her. Our love forgot the boundaries. We forgot we belong to two different worlds. We forgot we were enemies. If only, she never died for me. If only, I saved her!" He broke down, squatting beside you.

"She was not a Snake. She was a V-vampire. She loved me more than I did. I didn't deserve her. That is why I lost her." Tears rolled down his brown orbs.

"B- but why d-do I have her heart inside me?" You asked not able to comprehend anything.

"You were her twin sister. Since both of you were orphans, she raised you like a mother. She loved you so much but one day, you k-killed her. You killed her with your own hands. You took the life of my love, your sisters. Why! I feel so pathetic that you've her kind and beautiful heart!" He shouted at your face and you went numb.

Your heart clenched at his vulnerable state. Not able to see him like that anymore, you pulled him into a very warm and endearing hug.

He sobbed on your chest. He didn't stop crying and neither did you. His tears wet your cardigan.

Eventually, he slept in your small, warm, and safe embrace with dried tears on his cheeks. Snuggling him more into yourself, you ruffled his hair and kissed his head.

"I'm sorry. I'm very sorry. I'm sorry that I doubted you. I'm sorry that I hated you. I can't forgive myself. But I can love you. Ha Ri, I'm sorry for what I did to you but I promise I'll take care of him in this life. You're mine, starting from now on. I'll love you till my last breath. I'll gather the shattered pieces of your broken heart and heal you again. I'll not let you suffer alone anymore. Don't worry. I'm with you, my love. Forgive me." You said choking on your tears and kissing his hair constantly.

Removing your cardigan, you placed it on his back and hugged him tighter than before, as if he's your precious gem as if someone's going to steal him from you.

TIME SKIP (SEOUL)

"Taehyung, open the door please." You begged him but he didn't reply.

"Please Taehyung, eat something." You cried.

"It's been a week that you're punishing me this way. Please eat something." You knocked on the door of his room several times.

"I'm sorry Taehyung. I'm sorry. Don't eat for me, but for Ha Ri, you should eat. Do you know how bad she'd feel if she sees you this way?" You said with a cracked voice and unexpectedly the door creaked open.

He stared at your now weakened face and body. He could see huge eye bags on your face. He could see how miserable you were.

"Look Taehyung, I don't know why did I do that to my sister in the past, but starting from now on, I don't plan on watching you suffer alone. Even if you push me away, I'll come back to you." You said holding his hands.

"Y/n, stop it!" He mumbled in annoyance and jerked off your hands.

You didn't waste a second and pulled him in for a kiss. It was filled with pure insecurity, affection, love, and longings.

Deepening the kiss, he picked you up in his arms and you wrapped your legs around his waist. Having you in his arms, he walked to the sofa and continued to make out with you.

TO BE CONTINUED...

A vote?