Sixteen

[RORY]

When the airport taxi pulled up out front of Finn's hotel, I immediately felt my pulse quicken. I reminded myself there was no reason to stress - yet. He'd given me easy instructions on getting an extra room key at the front desk, letting me know they were wrapping up at the studio and he'd head back in about an hour. While my nerves were very much present, the physical sensations I was feeling weren't just of the negative kind.

If I let my guard down and admitted it to myself, I was excited.

I grabbed my suitcase and backpack out of the trunk before taking in the scene around me. It was dusk and the sky was a beautiful color, the weather a little humid but comfortable. The band was staying at an old brick hotel, one that had clearly been restored but held onto its original charm. I smiled to myself, thinking that it looked strangely European which seemed very fitting.

I walked through the rotating doors into the lobby. There was dark red carpeting with wooden walls and gold chandeliers hanging throughout, creating a dark but cozy atmosphere. When I spoke with the lady at the front desk, I did as I was told - telling her I was Harrison Moore's guest. Within no time, I was heading to the top floor with a key in hand, in search of room 804.

I took a deep breath as I found it, standing outside of the door. Even though I knew he wasn't inside, my heart was pounding - knowing it really was the point of no return. Without any more hesitation, I slid the key card in and pushed open the door.

I turned the light on, glancing around at the quaint - but very nice - room. The suite had a kitchenette, a massive bathroom and a California king. As expected, while Finn's suitcase was open on a side table, everything was just so. I smiled to myself, glancing down at his neatly rolled t-shirts and jeans. His leather jacket lay folded on top, a pair of old school Nikes sat next to it.

The bed was tidy and made, the acoustic guitar I'd seen over FaceTime propped against the wall beside what I assumed to be his side. Temptation overcame me when I saw his journal with a pen tucked inside on the nightstand, forcing myself away as I walked further in and found a spot on the floor to open up my suitcase.

I glanced at my phone before beginning my search, seeing that if Finn had been correct on his timing, I had about 45 minutes before he'd be there. After flying for a good chunk of the day, I knew I needed to freshen up. My hands felt clammy as I thought of what the night would have in store, knowing very well how it could - and how I wanted it - to end.

With that in mind, I grabbed one of the lingerie sets that I'd picked, a pair of high-waisted jeans and a black tank top. I sighed, grabbing my makeup bag and a brush and heading into the bathroom. It didn't take too long to get ready after I showered - though any makeup felt like a lot for me, I knew it was light to the naked eye.

I was trying to tighten my bra straps underneath my shirt to push the little I had up when Finn's open toiletry bag caught my eye. Curiously, I took a peek - but it wasn't the toothpaste or cheap razor or aftershave or inhaler that caught my eye - it was the handful of loose condoms. I became annoyed with the disappointment ballooning in my chest, reminding myself that I wasn't unique. Finn was a nice guy but he was no saint, the image of him bringing other girls back to the same room enough to snap me out of my daydream.

I was finishing my red lip when I heard a light couple of knocks before a familiar beep, the sound of the door opening causing my entire body to heat up in anticipation. I rubbed my lips together, stepping out of the bathroom and turning the corner.

"You scared me."

I smiled as I spoke, taking Finn's sudden presence in. He had his wallet between his teeth as he gave me a smile around it, hands full with a variety of things that I didn't have time to take in. He was in a black tee with black skinny jeans and black boots - the simple look somehow wildly sexy. His hair was askew, curly and out of control as ever as he set all of the things onto the table. When his fingers were free, he grabbed the wallet from his mouth and tossed it down.