Nineteen

[RORY]

"Just like that."

Finn's breath tickled my shoulder as he straddled me on the small couch, his thighs open around mine and arms wrapped around my frame to guide my hands with the guitar. His left hand was over mine to hold the correct strings, the right gently gripping my wrist as I strummed.

The impromptu lesson hadn't been my idea. When he'd finished soundcheck, he was on a high that I hadn't witnessed before - returning before the rest of the band did. He had a familiar glint in his eye and smirk that I was becoming more accustomed to, insisting that he could only properly teach me if I was sat between his legs. We both knew that wasn't true.

"You're a natural," I shivered as he spoke, feeling his lips press against the crook of my neck. The kiss lingered far too long. "Jesus, Rory. I don't know if I can wait until after the show."

"Finn," I giggled, attempting to make light of the situation even though my skin was on fire. "Calm yourself. Don't get any ideas."

"Not ideas, memories," he grunted, nipping gently at my shoulder. "Let's make more. Send me out with a bang."

"Absolutely not."

He laughed, setting the guitar to the side and playfully squeezing my middle. I gasped, feeling something press against the back of my leg. I couldn't help but flutter my eyes shut as he rocked us back and forth, attempting to pull me further onto his lap.

"They're going to walk in any minute," I laughed, trying to pry his arms off - unsuccessfully. He found it humorous, pressing sloppy kisses to the back of my arm. "Finn, let me go."

"I actually can't," he chuckled deeply, holding me in place. "I will give everyone a show."

"For fuck's sake."

Finn and I both were surprised, hearing Jack's voice and looking up at the door. The three of them came in, losing their shit at the conversation they'd just interrupted, laughing hysterically. 

Feigning embarrassment, I tugged out of Finn's grip and stood up, rubbing over my arms.

"Guys..." Finn began to scold as I gave in, looking over at him and smirking. He hadn't been lying - his excitement on full display through his tight jeans.

When he realized I'd only been messing with him, he shook his head at me in surprise, laughing and covering his lap with one of the throw pillows. His cheeks were rosy, but his proud grin told me he wasn't actually embarrassed at all.

"She's my new favorite," Jack admitted, throwing an arm around my shoulders. "So easy to take the piss."

Finn threw the pillow at us playfully before standing up and blatantly adjusting himself. He was in a mood of another kind, giving me a shameless wink before walking over to retrieve a beer out of the mini fridge. Jack followed suit, grabbing a few for the rest of the band.

"You're a brat," Finn muttered into my ear with a huff. I gave him an innocent smile as he slipped the neck of the beer bottle between his lips, using his teeth to pop the cap off before I could yell at him. "A Stella for the lady."

"Thanks," I accepted it, shaking my head and grabbing his forearm in an attempt to stop him. "You're going to break your teeth."

He ignored me, giving me a proud grin as he spat the cap off his own bottle onto the floor. I jumped as he slapped my ass, taking a sip of his beer and exhaling dramatically after.

"Lads, it's going to be a good one. I can feel it."

He was bouncing on his feet, naturally hyping the energy of the rest of the room. I couldn't help my smile, his eyes lit up with childish excitement.