𝟯𝟵|𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲

super short chapter

mentions of weed

p/n=pronouns
***

"where have you been?" connie asked as soon as you walked in the door. he was seated at the counter, holding a mug. you knew there was nothing in that mug, he was holding it for effect.

"you know where i've been. and um, this is my apartment. let me settle in first. you took off your shoes, walking towards the counter where connie was sitting.

"c'mon, tell me what happened! you were out for way too long."

you grabbed a drink from the fridge, leaning against the counter. "we...talked."

"yeah you can skip the fucking part but what happened? did you guys make up or something?"

"yeah," you sighed. "i was hesitant, still am. but you know he did that confessing shit, the long speech about how i'm the only one. so, i gave him a chance. he's taking me out tomorrow."

"so what? you guys dating now?"

"well, not really. i said i still needed to trust him."

"smart," connie leaned back. "you know, annie is still annoyed. said you should've ghosted him."

"it's whatever. im happy with my choice."

he shrugged, "as long as you're happy."

you patted his shoulder, and went off to your room. throwing your bag to the ground, you sat on your bed and checked your phone.

nothing.

you decided to shower and get changed into some comfortable clothing, cleaning up a little afterwards.

after doing everything you needed to do, there was a knock on your bedroom door.

connie peeked in, "someone's here for you."

"who is it?"

"just come."

you sighed, getting up and trudging over to the front door. who could be here? you didn't expect anyone to be coming. hopefully it wasn't armin.

you opened the door, and it was jean. you flinched a little, he smelled like weed heavily.

"what're you doing here?" you asked, stepping out of your apartment and closing the door behind you.

"i want to talk to you, again." jean couldn't make eye contact with you, and he was fidgeting.

"you wanna ask me about armin again?"

"no," he finally looked up at you. "i'm sorry for this morning. i was just upset until armin reassured me and stuff. he said he trusts you, and that he's happy. if he's happy, then i am. so, i'm sorry."

you nodded, "it's alright. we can just forget about
it. okay?"

he nodded, smiling slightly. "i gotta go back now, i have to shower badly."

"yeah i can smell that."

jean punched you in a playful manner, starting to walk back to the parking lot. "i'll see you later!" he waved.

"see you!" you waved back.

you waited until he was out of your sight, then went back inside. connie stood by the door staring at you.

"what?"

he shrugged, "nothing, your life just interests me."

***