035

I carried Prince while Damien carried Poppy and Queenie as we head towards his place when people started looking at us and whispering to one another.

"Damien-" I tapped Damien as he turned to look at me with his charmingly famous smile.

"What's wrong with your neighbors?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"Hi, are you new here?" A lady came forward talking to me as I shifted Prince's weight on my hand.

"Are you probably the wife of that handsome guy?" She said pointing towards Damien who was kissing his dogs while talking to the lobby official.

Wife? Me?

"Oh no no-" I waved my free hand infront of her as she chuckled.

"You and that handsome lad are compatible. I never seen him handling his dog to anyone even though he was having such a hard time with them." I bow slightly to the lady infront of me and started backing off.

"I need to go.." I smiled and she gladly return it. After she left I wiped the drops of sweat forming on my forehead.

"Who did you just talked to?" He asked opening his unit door which made me startled.

"Talking? Who?" I said.

He looked at me.

Why did that lady suddenly talk to me. Ugh. What is in your mind Damien?

"Ladies first." He said making eye contact with me when I hugged Prince tight.

"What?" He added.

"Why me first?" He pushed me inside and locked the door.

Why is he locking the door...

"Why are you locking the door?" I said.

"What are you talking about?" He placed Poppy and Queenie onto the floor.

"I mean why did you securely locked the door?" I said still holding onto Prince.

"Can't I?" He raised a brow as he continuously came towards me and automatically I moved backwards.

Don't you dare touch me Damien Walters.

I shut my eyes when he spoke out. "Did the old lady scared you?" He said to Prince as he messed up it's fur. I looked at him in disbelief as he hugged his dog.

I shook my head as I went into his kitchen when he gave me a chuckle in response.

"Oh Anna, did you think that I will kiss you?" I almost choked on my water as I quickly gulped it down.

"What are you saying?" I said wiping the excess water from the corner of my mouth.

"Nothing." He placed Prince onto the couch as he walked towards me while keeping his eyes on me.

"Wh-what are you trying to do?" I stuttered as he trapped me in between his chest and the refrigerator. I kept my eyes shut when I felt his breath on my face.

Closer...

Closer...

CLOSER...