Chapter 35

We ate and sat in the living room talking. "I can definitely say I got BOTH of you a job" Waverly said and I just laughed. Well technically she did. "Whatever" I said while taking a sip of wine. "So are you working Waverly, tomorrow?" I asked Waverly and she nodded. "Technically yes but from home for the next couple of weeks, the couple I'm looking for a house for are on a Vacation at Greece and won't be back until 2 or 3 weeks so I'm just looking for a house for them" she said and placed a spoon of rice into her mouth. I wished they lived closer. I don't see them as often as I used to. They only live 30-45 minutes from the house but still it's kind of far. I got so used to them living 10 minutes away.

"Also I hope it's okay with you Ivan for us to come check on Charlotte almost daily, especially with her on the meds," Waverly said, looking at Ale and then at me. Ale nodded agreeing with Waverly. "Actually I was going to ask you guys since technically Alexandra you're going to work with Charlotte here for the next couple of weeks and Waverly is working from home as well. Why don't you guys stay over for the next two weeks. It'll make Charlotte feel better and I would feel better knowing she won't be alone while I head off to meetings." Ivan said, looking at them blankly and then at me. "I don't want to invade your space anymore than what I already am Ivan" I sighed out and he placed his hand on my back and kissed my cheek. "You aren't and I was the one who asked. I would feel safer at work knowing you aren't alone." he said, placing another kiss on my temple. God can he be anymore loving. "I love you" I whispered to him and leaned in and kissed his beautiful lips. "I have 2 spare guest rooms, you guys can take those..." he said looking back at the girls who looked at him in shock. "... I'm taking your silence and shocked faces as a yes?" he said and they started to laugh and nodded their heads yes. "Great that way Alexandra you can start work tomorrow after you get some of your stuff here, and Waverly can start with the process of finding us a home." Ivan said standing up picking some dishes to place them on the sink, I followed behind with some dishes as well. We walked into the kitchen while the girls stayed talking in the dining room.

"You didn't have to do that" I said to Ivan. He turned around and leaned on the counter top placing his hands on my waist. I slipped my hands up his chest and held his neck. "I didn't but I wanted to... I love you and I want you to have the best support group with everything going on" he said. I love him with every small fiber of me, he's always making sure I'm okay and making me feel special. I pulled him by his neck and our lips collided. "I'm so tired." I said pulling away from the kiss. "You slept all afternoon" he said and I looked up at him and pushed his shoulder. I heard my phone ringing from the dining room. "Lottie phone!" I heard Ale say and I walked over and picked up the phone. It was Jasmine, I walked out to the backyard while Ale, Wave, and Ivan were lost in a conversation.

"Hello Jasmine?" I said into the phone. Was she okay? It's 9pm, why would she be calling me right now?. "Ms. Carter hello I hope I didn't wake you" she said. "No you didn't," I said, smiling. "Well I just wanted to let you know that I spoke with your car insurance company and they said they will only be giving you 20 percent of the car's money back" she said. Wait what!. "20 percent! That's all!" I almost shouted into the phone. "I know I tried to reason with them but for some weird contract issue they can only give you that much, I'm sorry I really tried" she said and I just sighed. "It's not your fault Jasmine," I said. "Also I finished setting up the portfolio you asked me to set for tomorrow, would you like me to be there?" she said. For a moment I had forgotten that tomorrow I was going to confront everyone. "Yes please Jasmine, we will meet there at 8:30 a.m and then we will come back home and work from here" I said and she agreed. She explained a little of the insurance problem. Apparently they fucked me over. Of Course they did. I told Jasmine to get rest and we will talk tomorrow and then I hung up. I texted Justin and told him about the insurance company. Not for him to help me but so that he can break the contract with them so they don't screw him over.

I started to walk inside and Ale, Wave, and Ivan all looked at me concerned. "We heard you shout a little everything alright?" Ale said. Ivan pulled the stool I was going to sit closer to him and I sat down leaning my back on his chest. "The car insurance basically fucked me over" I said and closed my eyes. What the fuck am I going to do now the money will last me 2 months worth of bus tickets. "What! How?" Wave said and I opened my eyes. I intertwined my fingers with Ivan's and spoke again. "They are only giving me 20 percent of the money for my car because of a stupid contract that I didn't thoroughly read enough" I sighed. "I'm sorry Char" Ale said. "I texted Justin and he's pissed he wants to help with the money to buy a new car but I don't want him to, I'll just... figure it out on my own." I said sitting up correctly. "I'll help if you want me too," Ivan said and I nodded. "No, we need to focus on our house and ill figure my shit out okay, you can't solve every problem for me" I said. "I can because I want to but I know better than to push your buttons so I'll let you decide" he said and I thanked him.

Later that night Alexandra and Waverly left to pack for their 'mini vacation' as they called it. Me and Ivan went upstairs and we decided we wanted to watch a movie so I went into the bathroom and removed the small amount of make up I had left and showered.

After I showered I walked out in one of Ivan's shirts. He looked at me smirking. God his smirk, it's so hot. "So... are you just going to steal my clothes from now on?" he asked and I chuckled "no I may go shopping for some clothes tomorrow, I need pajamas I also may go to my apartment and get some stuff as well." I said to him while he picked a movie. "Yeah also you should start to see what to do with the furniture because even if we don't have a house yet I want you living here with me as soon as possible," he said and I looked at him smiling. "When do you want me to put the apartment up for sale?" I said. "By the end of the week? we could rent a storage unit for your stuff for now, I just want you to be here with me and kiss me... hug me... and cuddle with me" he said leaving small pecks on my lips. "Also I arranged a brunch with my parents for tomorrow so you can meet," he said.

As soon as he said that I felt so nervous. What if they don't like me? What if they expected someone better? I hope that they accept me and approve because I love Ivan and I would love nothing more for his parents to accept our relationship.

"Get those thoughts out of your head, gorgeous, they'll love you" Ivan said, pulling me out of my thoughts. What the fuck how does he know? "I just want them to accept me, to accept us," I said. He hummed in response and we cuddled up close. I could feel myself drift off to sleep while I was in his warm embrace. His arm around my waist pulling me close, my head on his chest hearing his heartbeat. I closed my eyes and soon enough I was gone off to sleepy island.

Published 06/06/2022