Chapter 48

A month later:

Working with Ivan has been different. I guess I just got used to not being around him which made it easier to hide every emotion. I see him almost 3 times a week because I have to go inspect how the crew is doing on the project. I usually send Alexandra most of the time but... lately I've been finding myself wanting to see him. I think I never stopped loving him, I just suppressed that side of me. The side that wants him, the side that misses him.

Since the ball, I haven't been able to get Ivan's words off my head, "Me and Camilla never slept together,". Was he lying just so he can play with me again? The nightmares have gotten worse lately. I don't know if it's because my emotions take over my body when I don't have control.

I'm on my way to a meeting at LCC about some problems the construction crews are having with mixing resources and then running into each other's work. I'm driving my car while Nick is following one of the SUVs. I haven't been back in the building since... our argument. I had Jasmine drop off my resignation letter on her last day working here. She's left with Alexandra to check on the construction.

I parked the car and got out. "Ms. Carter, do you want me to stay here or go inside with you?" Nick asked while I got out of the car. "Um come with me and wait outside the office the meeting will be in," I said and he nodded. We started to walk towards the building and I took a deep breath and walked in with my head high, confidently.

Everyone stared at me shocked, some were new people and others were old. I know that they've heard of me by the way some drop their gaze and others look at me shocked. I walked towards Ivan's office, "Good morning Allison, I have a meeting with Mr. Lombardo" I said and she nodded and told me to enter so I did. Today I was wearing black leather pants with a Black see through long sleeve, a black tank top under, and some white heels. I entered and Ivan, Tony, and Liam were waiting for me. Liam immediately got up to greet me.

***Charlotte's outfit***

"Beautiful! Hey! How are you doing?" he said, giving me a hug which I returned. I could see how Ivan's jaw clenched as soon as I returned the hug. "Liam, I'm good" I said and walked inside to greet Tony with a hug. "Sorry I'm late" I said looking at all three sitting down on the meeting table. "You're only... 3 minutes late" Ivan said looking at his watch then at me. I smirked at him and responded. "3 minutes, 3 Seconds, still late. I don't know if you've noticed Mr. Lombardo but I like punctuality. Today there was just lots of traffic." I said taking out my computer. "What, your driver couldn't get you here fast enough" he said and I looked at him. "I drove here, Nick isn't my driver, he's security, because people tend to get... aggressive when angry don't they Mr. Lombardo" I said, reminding him of how aggressive he was with me the last day I was here. He looked a little hurt that I brought it up.

"Anyways, it seems like we have to figure out a plan for your things to be away from ours" I said and he nodded. He gave some Ideas and I agreed. I gave some ideas and he agreed. When we are working it's easier for me to maintain control but every now and then I catch him staring at me intensely. It makes a knot form in my core. Every time he looks at me I have to press my thighs together and I know he notices because he starts to smirk. I tried to hide the obvious sexual tension between Ivan and I but it was harder every minute.