Chapter 70

We eventually got out and went to the closet to change. I picked out a t- shirt and some pajama pants. I put on my underwear and my bra and looked at myself in the mirror. I examined the bruise on my cheek and then I checked to see if there were any other bruises on my body besides the ones on my face and wrist. I stopped and looked at my stomach with an arched eyebrow. I slightly smiled in excitement and called out to Ivan.

"Ivan" I said and he hummed in response. He was also in the closet getting changed. He walked up behind me with just his pants on. I looked at him through the mirror smiling and he looked at me smiling but confused.

"Is it just me or do I have a small baby bump?" I said turning sideways to show the little pouch that was starting to redeem itself. It was still very small that anyone who didn't know I was pregnant wouldn't notice. But I did and from the look on Ivan's face, so did he. He stood behind me placing his hand on my tiny belly. I leaned my head on his chest and smiled. "Our little one is growing" he said and I hummed and nodded.

"Yeah" I said. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips. I pulled away and sadly smiled. "Thank you for coming to our rescue" I jokingly said but he knew I was being serious.

"I would go to the end of this earth to make sure that you and our little one are okay," he said, kissing the tip of my nose. I nodded and kissed his lips again. I pulled away and put my pants and shirt on when I heard my phone ding. I went and checked it, and it was a text from Abby.

Abby: Hey we are about to enter the gate right now!

Me: Kk, I'm coming!

Abby: Justin will bring him to the door. Thank you again for taking him even after today.

Me: Yeah no problem. I need the practice anyway

Abby: yup you do. Well see you tomorrow!

Me: See ya

I rushed down the stairs with Ivan rushing behind me. I opened the door and Justin was approaching us with Jay in his car seat. He gave Ivan Jay and he gave me Jay's bag. I smiled and took the bag.

"Thank you again" he said and I shrugged. "When is his next bottle?" I asked Justin before he left. "He already ate dinner so give him his bottle for when he goes to bed which should be around 9 or 9:30" he said and I nodded. He kissed my cheek and left. I walked upstairs behind Ivan. I placed the bed on the chair and took Jay out of his car seat.

"Hi baby! It's auntie!" I said in my baby voice, Jay cooed and smiled. I don't know what it is about me but all kids get attached to me. Steph, Jay and Caleb are all very attached to me. It makes me feel more ready for my little munchkin to know I'm good with kids.

I felt Ivan hug me from behind and I nuzzled into him more. "You know this is going to be us with our little munchkin in 7 months right?" he said and I giggled. "Yeah and I can't wait!" I squealed. Ivan got a phone call and he answered.

"Foods here" he said walking out of the bedroom. I grabbed a couple of Jays toys and went downstairs. I put Jay on the rug with some pillows around him in case he falls and let him play with his toys while me and Ivan ate our Chinese food. We both laughed every time he would fall sideways or he would start to play and make weird noises.

I can't wait for our little one to be with us. I looked over at Ivan and smiled. "I want to have lots of kids with you" I said , placing my plate to the side with Ivan's empty plate. "I want that too but don't forget our first hasn't even arrived yet so your idea may change." he said and I shook my head. "As long as you're with me, we will be a big and happy family," I said, kissing his lips.

"What do you think the gender is?" I asked him and he thought about it for a second. "I don't know but I would really love a little girl or boy," he said and I started to laugh. "Honey those are technically the only options" I said and he shrugged. "As long as they are a healthy and strong baby I'm happy" he said and smiled. "Me too," I said kissing his lips again.

I was happy that today was Friday and that there was no work all next week because of Thanksgiving because this will give me time to process everything and spend time with Ivan.

"I should call Ale and tell her about the baby" I said, pulling out my phone and dialing her number. I know what her reaction is going to be and I'm so excited. Before she answered I whispered something to Ivan. "I'm going to ask for them to come have brunch here and I'll tell her tomorrow" I whispered to Ivan who nodded and then Ale picked up the phone causing me to smile.

Published 08/17/2022