Chapter 63

3 weeks after:

Today we are finally moving into our new house. We were supposed to move in 2 days after we landed after our honeymoon but we couldn't because they needed to fix the bathroom on the 1st floor so we decided to wait.

Me and Ivan went back to our old lives. He goes to his company from 8am-5pm usually and I go from 8am-4pm usually. Nobody questions if the name of my company is going to change since I got married because I stayed with my last name too. So now I'm Charlotte Carter Lombardo. Me and Ivan decide that I'll own 30% of his company and he'll own 30% of mine.

I like to get home an hour before Ivan so that I can start with dinner. We only have Marta cook breakfast and keep the house clean with Millie.

We were moving some stuff around as we walked in with boxes. Tony, Gabriel, Jasmine, Waverly, and Violet came to help us move in, Ale couldn't because she had to stay with the baby and also she literally just gave birth like a couple of weeks ago. They helped us bring everything in and organize some things for a couple of hours and then everyone left, leaving me and Ivan alone.

I walked up the stairs with a box filled with picture frames, and I brought the box into one of the spare bedrooms. Our house has 4 bedrooms. I placed the box down on the floor, when I got up a huge wave of dizziness passed through my body. I didn't know that Ivan was following me upstairs with another box until he grabbed me so I wouldn't fall.

"Charlotte, baby, are you okay?" he said, sounding very alarmed. I nodded and waited a couple of minutes before standing on my own. "I'm fine I just got dizzy I think I got up too quickly, or..." I said realizing something. "Or what?" Ivan said.

"Ivan... I haven't gotten my period in like 6 or 7 weeks, I'm more tired than normal, I've been getting dizzy and I'm more sensitive to smell causing me to get nauseous all the damn time" I said looking at him smiling. He smiles back at me walking closer to me. "Ivan I.. I think I may be p-pregnant" I say, chuckling and grinning. Ivan smiled at me and kissed me.

"We should go buy some tests right now" he said and I nodded smiling. "Whatever the test says it's okay, if it's negative we'll just keep trying, and if it's positive I'll be so happy and we'll get through it together" he said as I nodded and kissed him one last time. We went downstairs and I grabbed my purse.

When we got to the pharmacy we were looking at different pregnancy tests. We put a couple in the basket. "Honey, look this one can determine if you're pregnant early in the pregnancy" Ivan said, catching my attention. I picked up the test and read it. I put a couple of them in the basket and we went to check out.

We got back home and I went upstairs. "I'm going to do two just in case, okay" I said to Ivan who smiled at me and nodded. "Do the early pregnancy one" he said and I nodded.

I entered the bathroom and peed in a cup. I dipped both of the sticks in and put the cap back on. I threw my pee away and opened the door for Ivan, he was waiting outside the whole time.

"I already put the timer on for 5 minutes" he said sitting on the toilet seat cap. I sat on his lap. And hugged him, I placed my head in the crook of his neck and released a big sigh. He rubbed my back while he kissed the side of my head. It's something he recently started doing. I like it because it helps me stay calm most of the time but right now it's not helping much.

"I'm very nervous." I finally admitted to him picking my head up. He sighed and nodded. "Me too, but whatever happens it's okay, we'll get through it together... I love you" he said, I leaned down and kissed him gently and lovingly. After a couple more minutes the timer went off. Me and Ivan looked at each other, he smiled at me and whispered. "I hope you're pregnant but if you're not it's okay, we'll just keep trying" he said and I nodded and kissed him. I got up and walked over to the tests. One said positive while the other one said negative.

"One... one of these is wrong" I said, handing the tests to Ivan who smiled hopefully and kissed me. "I'll Take you to the doctor tomorrow, whatever happens I love you" he said and I nodded sadly. "What's wrong baby?" He said, hugging me. "I just really hope I'm pregnant" I said to him.

"Me too but we still have time, come on let's go get lunch okay" he said and I nodded. I know that I'm going to be anxious for the rest of the day so I decided to call and schedule an appointment early in the morning tomorrow.

We got to a small square that's filled with different restaurants. I love coming here because there's literally every kind of food here. There's Chinese, Thai, Dominican, Mexican, Italian, there's also a restaurant that sells the best burgers and chicken tenders.

"So what do you want to eat?" Ivan said as we stepped out of the car. I thought about it for a second and replied. "I want burgers! But after we can stop by the Italian restaurant to buy Tiramisu, please!" I asked hopefully. Ivan looked at me smiling and nodding. I cheered and we walked into the restaurant.

I got a burger and fries, matching Ivan. I also got a cookies and cream milkshake while Ivan got a coke. "I got the appointment for 8 am tomorrow so that you don't miss the whole day of work, I'm not going to go just because I need tomorrow to process whatever the news is" I said, Ivan reached across the table and took my hands in his. "Me too, I want to be with you the whole day tomorrow. I love you" he said, I smiled and leaned forward to kiss him. "I love you too," I said.

We left the restaurant and picked up the tiramisu. On the way home I devoured the Tiramisu. No joke I did. When we got home I showered and immediately went to bed. I was exhausted. We did so much today. I went to the gym and then we moved the rest of our belongings and organized our new house, and then with me maybe being pregnant has taken a toll on me mentally so me and Ivan decided to head to bed.

We layed in bed watching TV while we cuddled. Every now and then Ivan would caress my back when he noticed I was getting anxious. Ivan has gotten a lot better with my anxiety signs. When he notices he always either kisses me lovingly or he caresses my back. Something about his touch is just so soothing to me. It makes me feel like I'm not alone and he'll always be there for me.

Published 08/12/2022