Chapter 23 - Seeking Answers

I slowly made my way back home. I was still a bit frightened from what had just gone down back at Harry's, maybe I was wrong to think that Springtrap could change. He's nothing more than an evil man who did evil things. But if that was the truth, why did my heart long for me to back in his arms. I tried not to think about him, but if I wasn't thinking about Springtrap, then all I could think about was my father. Thankfully he should be at work by now so I won't have to face him when I return home, but I still worried about what he would say when he got back. Would he forget about it and let it slide? Or would he be upset? I'm a grown woman though, I can do whatever I want, he can't control me, for the most part at least. I was still living under his roof, so I guess he still had some power over me. 

"Come on Y/N, think happy thoughts." I told myself. 

I then remembered that dream Deliah and I had shared. Maybe Deliah had the answers to some of my questions about Springtrap? That or I could sleep and hope I dream about the dead kids, maybe they have the answers? But I'm too impatient to wait till tonight to get answers, so I suddenly stopped in my tracks, and turned back around, racing down the sidewalk towards Deliah's place, or what I assumed was where her place was. I would have asked Harry where she lived but then I'd have to explain to him what I needed, and that felt like a whole 'nother can of worms I wasn't ready to open. 

After some deliberating, I had finally found Deliah's place. It felt awkward visiting a teenage girl at random to talk about a murderer but I had to talk to someone, and Deliah was all I had left, and she was also the only I could trust. 

Slowly, I knocked on the front door. And not too long after an older man, who I assumed was Deliah's dad, answered with a confused look. "Oh, hello, can I help you?" He asked.

I shuffled my hands in and out of my pants pockets. "Uh yes, hi, I don't mean to intrude but I was wondering if Deliah was home? My name's Y/N, I'm Harry's older cousin. I kinda need to talk to Deliah about something that happened earlier." I explained.

Deliah's dad nodded. "Ah, Y/N, right, Deliah told me about you, you're Springtrap's girlfriend?" 

My eyes widened as my jaw hung open. "WHAT!? Uh, no I'm not! We're just friends!" I realized I was raising my voice, and I quickly swung my hands over my mouth to shut myself up. "Uh, I mean, no, he and I are not an item, we're friends, just friends." I smiled awkwardly, as I bounced back and forth on my toes and heels. 

"Right... Well my names Nick, I'm Deliah's father, and I guess I'll see if she's available..." He turned to look back into the house. "Deliah! Y/N's here, she says she needs to talk to you!" 

Not too long after Deliah took Nick's place at the door. "Oh, hey Y/N, was there something you needed?" 

I nodded. "Yes actually. I was hoping I could talk to you about Springtrap, something really weird happened earlier and I just wanna know if this isn't the first time he's done this."

Deliah's eyes trailed away from mine, she seemed to know what I was referring to. She then made a gesture with her hand for me to enter. "Come on, we can talk more about this in my room." 

I proceeded to follow the young girl into her bedroom, where she offered me a spot on her bed to talk. 

I sighed, taking a seat beside her. "Sorry, I didn't mean to barge in on you and your dad, but I didn't know who else to talk to. And you're the only person I trust talking to this about, especially after that really weird dream last night."

Deliah shrugged. "Don't worry about it, it's fine. I figured it wouldn't be long till something between you and Springtrap happened anyways. He's always been tempered, I guess you could say."

"Yeah, but he seemed really sweet at first, but now I'm not so sure. I was just trying to leave today, but he stopped me. He said he wouldn't let me leave unless I told him what was up. And sure I have my own issues, but that's just exactly that, they're my own issues, I shouldn't have to tell him. And when I refused and tried to get past him, he grabbed me by the arm and tried to force me to tell him. I had never seen him so enraged before, but yet here we are. Luckily, Harry came down and helped me, but after that Springtrap tried apologizing, but I didn't say anything to him, I just left. I was about to head home, until I decided to come talk to you. I figured maybe you'd know what was up with him, seeing as you two used to be best friends." I explained, rubbing the back of my neck as I remembered his sour apology. 

"Well I'm afraid to tell you, that's just who Springtrap is. He's not who he pretends to be, and I get that he's trying to change, I mean Harry even told me how he offered to get therapy, but as far as I know that hasn't happened has it?" Deliah questioned, turning towards me.

I shook my head. "No, he hasn't, and I really think he should. It's just, I've never really had a lot of friends and I guess I'm just afraid that he'll turn out to be a foe rather then a friend. I don't wanna be alone again." I felt tears welling up in my eyes, but I did my best to conceal them.

Deliah put her hand on my shoulder. "You're not alone Y/N, even if Springtrap turns out to be foe, just know you have Harry, and if you think Harry doesn't count cause he's your cousin, then you have me. You helped me during that nightmare, you're my friend Y/N. But if you really wanna try with Springtrap, I guess I could give you some insight on everything I know about him."

Deliah went on to explain everything she knew about Springtrap, and the ideas she had to help him get better. She even told me about what went down after I woke up from the nightmare. She told me that one of the dead kids had told her that I was the key to healing Springtrap's soul, I was the one who wasn't gonna give up on him, no matter the consequences. That alone made me feel a bit better. If I was the one who was gonna help Springtrap, then I had to do my part to be there for him, just as badly as he wants to be there for me. I felt my heart beat faster as I remembered that day he came over and watched a movie with me, it was nice dancing with him, that was until Harry broke it up. 

I chuckled softly. 

"What's so funny?" Deliah asked with a reassuring smile.

I sighed, my cheeks glowing a soft red. "Just revisiting some happy memories."