CHAPTER 17

Charlene's pov

I was alone riding on this empty road, the weather was okay not too sunny and not too cold. I sighed thinking how I was going to go in my territory and get my throne back while everyone thinks I'm dead, I saw someone who looked like a kid sitting in the middle of the road with his head between his legs. I looked around for someone else but I couldn't see anyone, I got closer to him still suspicious why would a kid who isn't older than 10 sit in the middle of nowhere, alone.

"Hey, you okay kid?" I asked but he didn't reply, he just shook his head no. I sighed and got down off of the horse, I nudged him and he looked at me.

"Come with me, I'll give you something to eat and a place to stay. Deal?" I said, he hesitated at first but he stood up and held my hand. I smiled and picked him up putting him on the horse, his smile grew bigger when we started moving. Who'd leave a child in the middle of the woods? It was starting to get dark and the kid was already sleeping on the horse and I was very exhausted from walking. I went next to a tree and tied the horse, I made a small fire to keep warm and made a small place for the kid to sleep. I picked him up and laid his little body and cover him with my cloak. I sat on the ground and leaned on the tree, I stared at basically miles and miles of darkness. Before I can do struggle my eyes shut out of exhaustion.

I was woken up by the sound of laughing and walking, my eyes slowly opened and I found two men standing right in front of my face. One was holding the kid and patting his head, and the other had a knife pulled at my face.

"Well well well..." The fat one said, his crooked teeth and dirty face were very close to me and I could smell his nasty stinky scent. I cringed and pulled my head back.

"Seems, the kid has caught us another prey" my eyes widened and I looked at the child who was busy eating the food I had on me, I looked around for my horse and it was gone.

"Look gentlemen, just take whatever you want." They looked at each other and laughed, he pushed the knife on my neck and I didn't have anywhere to move because the tree was blocking me.

"We will take everything, but first, we want a taste of you..." He cut the front laces of my clothes, just when he turned to look at his friend I punched him on the face he seemed surprised and what I did just made him angry. I took that moment to flee and run inside the forest, I could hear them running behind me. I jumped off small trees and bushes trying to find a place to hide and I didn't see where I was going because I tripped on something and fell face first.

"Fuck" I groaned, then a hand grabbed me by the hair and flipping me on my back, the other guy who was holding the kid was on top of me and I tried to scratch his face and push him away but he was stronger, he punched me in the face unexpectedly. He then grabbed a knife and cut what was left of the laces on my clothes, his knife went deeper and it cut me between my boobs making scream at the top of my lungs, I was shaking and screaming trying to get him off of me but the knife kept going from between my boobs to the right side of my neck. Suddenly the knife stopped moving, and the guy looked dazed. He dropped the knife and fell next to me, a figure was standing in front of with a bow and arrow. I couldn't see their face because they had a hood on, I was in so much pain that I couldn't move my upper body. The person wrapped their arms around me and helped me on my feet, I was too tired to say anything and I just let them take me wherever they were going.

Leonor's pov

I was still in my office because I couldn't catch any sleep so I busied myself with work, I wonder if she arrived safe. Just when I thought that, the door swung open and the guard I sent earlier had a terrified look on his face. I quickly got up surprised that he was back already and he looked scared.

"What happened?!" I asked impatiently,

"Your majesty, the...the princess" he started, I walked closer to his face. My heart was beating uncontrollably, I was terrified of the news he was carrying.

"Fuckin speak!" I yelled making him flinch, I tried to control my breathing and my crazy heart but I couldn't.

"She's been attacked by bandits, I tried to follow after her inside the forest but she disappeared. I couldn't find her anywhere" he finally, my eyes widened. I pushed him out of the way and ran to the main doors and jumped on the first horse I found. I order some of my men to follow me while the first guard guided us towards Charlene's destination. I didn't want to think of what I was going to find at the forest, if she was alive, badly hurt, cut into pieces.

It took us hours to find the camp she made, then he showed me the way she took when she was running from the bandits.

"Find them!" I yelled at my men, they spread in all directions and I followed the guard through the forest until I noticed something on the ground. I quickly jumped off of my horse and touched the red liquid, it was fresh and it was leading somewhere. I pulled my sword and followed after the tray of blood, I found myself in front of an immense tree. I looked up and I saw a small tree house at the top, shit. Now I've got to find a way to climb. I searched around the tree and I found stairs nailed to the tree but they were hidden by the bushes so you couldn't see them unless you were right next to them.

I secured my sword on my waist and started climbing, I hope she's alright, she needs to be alright...

****************
Hmmmm what do you think of the new character? Is it a woman or a man? Good or bad?

-S