CHAPTER 18

Leonor's pov

I slowly climbed the tree until I reached the house, I silently pulled my sword and walked to the door. I grabbed on the handle and pushed it open, it was dark and cold inside and I wasn't able to see anything. From the outside it looked small, but on the inside it was insane. I stepped further in the room but I was quickly stopped when I felt a sharp thing touch my neck.

"Drop your weapon and slowly turn around" an oddly familiar voice said behind me, I dropped my sword and pulled my arms up in surrender than slowly turned to look at the woman behind me. She had a hood on and her knife was still against my neck.

"I'm looking for a woman, she's been attacked and I followed blood trail. It lead me here, is she indeed in this treehouse?" I asked the woman,

"And who are you to this woman?" She asked pushing the knife closer to my skin, I looked around to see where Charlene was but I couldn't see her.

"I- I'm a friend and I need to know if she's alright. Please" I said in all seriousness, the woman sighed and put the knife back in her pocket then took off her hood. My eyes widened at the sight of her, she smiled and threw her arms around me.

"Freda?!" I asked surprised, I pulled away from the hug to look at the brunette in front of me. She's a princess who's been locked away in a tower for insanity her brother has taken her throne and ruled in her place after their parents died.

"I thought you were still in that tower?" I said touching her face, she rolled her eyes and walked towards a door further in the room. She pushed it open and Charlene's was on the bed sleeping. I ran to her side and pushed her hair out of her face, I gasped as I saw the long wound from her chest to the right side of her neck almost reaching her jaw.

"If I didn't stop that bastard on time, he would've drawn a map on her pretty face" I heard Freda say behind me, she has put a cloth on her wound but it was still bleeding. I touch Charlene's forehead and it was burning, we need to do something about this.

"We need to stitch her wound, Freda" I said quickly, I ripped her shirt and wiped the blood from her skin. Freda was shuffling around the place then she brought a small wooden box, she gently pushed me out of the way and sat on the bed.

"Charlene? Can you hear me sweetie?" She called for her, but Charlene only winced and slowly moved around. Freda took a curved needle and thread, she took a deep breath the carefully started stitching Charlene's wound.

She started screaming at the top of her lungs and her forehead was sweating, I grabbed her arms and pulled them to the side so she won't try to push Freda and make her wound worse. Seeing her in this state made me overthink everything that I've done, if only I gave her a chance, if only I let her talk to me. I put my hand on her face and kissed her forehead, whispering sweet words to calm her down.

"It's alright my love, you're going to be okay..." I kissed her temple and I felt her hand slide into mine and squeeze as hard as she can, I kept on kissing her face until Freda was done. She grabbed a clean cloth and put it on the newly stitched wound. Charlene was breathing heavily and trying hard to open her eyes, the slowly started to open and looked at me.

"L-Leo?" She said, I smiled feeling my tears pour out of my eyes like a waterfall.

"I'm here my love..." I kissed her knuckles and gently caressed her head, I'm never going to leave her side ever again. I can't risk losing her, I can't lose her again...

"I- I'm sorry..." She said in a small voice because she was barely able to speak. I shook my head no and smiled at her.

"Don't say that baby, I'm the one who should apologize" I whispered kissing her hand again, she tried to turn to look at me but winced in pain, I asked to not move and that I'll take care of her.

"Leo, can I talk to you for a second" Freda said leaning against the door frame, I wiped my tears and kissed Charlene's head.

"I'll be right back, okay love?" I followed after Freda to the other room, she handed me a knife and I looked at it confused.

"I know this pictorial mark more than I know myself. This is my kingdom's, and only the royal family has it. So I'm guessing, whoever sent those bandits is purposely trying to hurt Charlene, and by whoever, I mean my brother." She explained putting her hands on her hips, but how would he know she was still alive if I saved her before anyone could see. Maybe he sent them to check for a body and they couldn't find it, so he gave those bandits money to find the body. Smart move, I admit...

"But why would my brother try to kill Charlene?" She asked sitting on the chair, I sighed and gave her the knife back.

"He tried to do it once and he failed because I saved her before she drowned" Freda's eyes widened and she quickly stood up in my face.

"You knew she was in danger and let her leave your territory, alone?!" She yelled at me,

"Look Freda, Charlene and I had some problems and I was very upset so I demanded she leaves I didn't know she was gonna get hurt!" I yelled back, she rolled her eyes and plumped back on the chair.

"If you're not gonna take care of her Leonor, I will" she said playing with the knife, hearing her say that mad me very upset for some reason.

"You better back the fuck up Freda, because I'll hurt you if you try anything with my wife" I threatened, she laughed and threw the knife at me. The knife hit the wall next to my head a few inches away, I flipped her off and walked back inside the room where Charlene was sleeping.

****************
*New character unlocked*

-S