Prologue

When I was small, I always liked to play with dolls

When I was small, I always liked to play with dolls. Little did I know that I would become someone's doll myself...

                              ~❄~

From the time I was born, my parents took great care of me. I had three elder brothers. Being the only daughter in the family, I was adored by everyone. My brothers nicknamed me "Princess", and tried to spoil me a lot.

My family had a business of making dolls. That's from where I got my obsession with dolls. The dolls, which were not sold for being imperfect, were used by me to play. I used to sew them small kimonos, and dress them up.

My parents and brothers praised my sewing, which improved from time to time. They said that I was too young to be so perfect with a needle, and they liked it.

But there was something which worried them too.

I remained silent through all of my childhood. Not totally silent, since I would speak occasional phrases to address my family. But nothing more than that.

My body was weak, and my eyes, hollow, as if they were dug out. As I remained silent most of the time, they wondered if I was partially deaf. My emotionless face also worried them always.

On my seventh birthday, they gave me a doll, which had been perfected by Father. "Talk with it, share your thoughts with it, Princess," Brother had told me.

However they found out that although I spent most of the time with that doll, I never spoke to it. They became increasingly concerned, since little girls are used to speaking to their playthings.

Worrying that nothing would work, my mother decided to join a cult.
"He's a God, they say, I am sure he will be able to cure Y/N's disease."

I would listen silently from behind the walls.

Then one day everything changed.

I still remember the day when Mother came running in screaming, "He isn't a God, he is a demon. He is after us, because I know his secret now. I saw him absorbing a woman."

My family realising there isn't enough time, locked me up in the dark storeroom, with my dolls.

"Stay here Y/N, don't make a noise and don't get frightened. We will be back soon."

I waited in the darkness. Soon enough, I heard blood curdling screams, and they were of my family.

A chill ran down my spine, as I gulped. I knew what was happening. My heart was beating fast, as I clutched my doll closer to my chest.

The screams had died. However the door creaked open. The incoming light blinded my eyes a bit, as I looked up.

The tall and dark silhouette of a figure loomed in front of me. His eyes... his eyes fascinated me. They had multiple colours, just like a rainbow, and sparkled. The number 2 was engraved in both of his eyes.

"Aww," he said, "here is the girl for whom that woman came to pray. So cute."

I crouched away, getting scared as he started getting closer. "Aah, you are too thin and frail. I don't think you will be able to subdue my hunger. Let's leave you then. Maybe, you will satisfy me when you grow up. Well then have a good day," he left closing the door.

As he left, I gripped my doll harder. I screamed of agony and rage, and cried, until my voice grew hoarse and I was thirsty. My family's dream of me finally talking came true.

Unfortunately, they were no longer alive to see it.

                            ~❄~

Firstly, Y/N is talking in first person POV here, for those who didn't understand.
Y/N's thoughts will be italicised.
Y/N's speaking problem is a reference to Yoriichi Tsukiguni's childhood and Y/N's battling sequence, later in the story, is a reference from Shinobu and Kanao's battle against Douma (for those who have read the manga).
This story has been inspired from "Marionette" by Astragazer. The central theme is more or less same. Other similarities, if any, will be merely coincidental.
Have a good day.

DOLL. douma ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara