Chapter 17

As we walked away from Akaza, I could still hear his grumbling

As we walked away from Akaza, I could still hear his grumbling. Soon it had died down, and we climbed some more stairs to reach the top of the hill.

"You shouldn't have stood there," Douma sighed. "Akaza-dono is weird. Although looks like you know him." I could sense him looking at me.

I remained quiet.

"I wanted to be his friend so many times, but he refused," Douma continued, "he says he has never associated with women, yet he says he remembers a girl while he looks at the fireworks. He gets weird sometimes but no one believes me," He shrugged.

"Oh I forgot, here are the mochis!"
I turned to look at the brightly coloured mochis, it lightened my spirits at once.

"You bought so many..."

"I can buy the entire world only for you, Y/N chan."

𝘋𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴.

I tasted a mochi.
𝘚𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘭𝘺.

It's the first time in months I was tasting a delicacy from outside.

After eating two of them, I decided to give one to Douma.

"Here," I said holding one pink coloured mochi towards his mouth, "have it."

Douma stared at the piece of delicacy. "Y/N, demons don't have these. They only have humans and blood."

I knew exactly how to make him eat.

"Eat, that's an order."

Douma looked greatly scared at how serious my face became.

"Okay, I guess I will have one," and almost bit my hand off the way he gobbled it.

"It's so," his eyes twinkled, "so good."

I smiled. He can be a child sometimes.

The sound of crackers made us both look towards the sky.

"It's almost midnight. See the fireworks are starting Y/N! Aren't you excited?"

I looked at him, then smiled.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘫𝘰𝘺.

And it started.

So much sound

So much sound.
So many lights.

The sky erupted in colours all at once.

𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘺.

I couldn't blink for the moment.

Even Douma had become quiet, and we both looked at the fireworks.

"It's beautiful," I whispered.

"Just as beautiful as you," he whispered back, and I heard his voice over the noise of the fireworks.

We gazed at the sky in silence.
I was pretty sure everyone else was doing the same.

𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺, 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦.

Suddenly I felt a pair of cold lips brushing my cheek.

I closed at my eyes at the feeling, my heart felt like it was about to swell and burst.

His lips started feeling warm, as he whispered into my ear in his calm, soothing voice.

"I wish I could be like this with you forever, Y/N.

I love you."